Light-O-Rama Forums

Why is show scheduled to play multiple times?

Steven

Edit: I'm getting my days mixed up, but I'm still worried. When the date range starts on 12/24 and ends on 12/25 does that mean that time applies to both days?

On Christmas eve (Sunday), I want to use my weekend schedule, in which the "Christmas" show plays until 11:00 p.m., instead of 10:00 p.m., as a regular weeknight. I scheduled the show like this:

spacer.png

I understood that a time with a narrow date range would override a time without a date range. However the Play Shows tab shows this:

spacer.png

I'm worried that the show will end tomorrow at 10:00 PM instead of 11:00 PM. Do I need to be worried?

Edited by Steven

just set the Dates on the Top show... As start the 27 -or delete the top show all together if not playing after Christmas

I have found that to not be 100% reliable for a one day show.  I have no doubt that it's working as intended, but I have not entirely learned it's logic.  If I want a one day show (for example, Christmas tomorrow), I will set it to run with a start of 12/24 and end on 12/26, but only run on Monday.

What I THINK is going on is if you set it for one day only (for example 12/25) it sets the enable window to start at 0000 on 12/25 and the end of the window at 0000 on 12/25 (leaving no allowed time to run).  Then it looks at the start time of for example 1700 and says "that's outside of my window", so don't play.  Just my only somewhat tested guess.

Don't understand why you would set an 11:00pm time as "next days date", when I ran shows from a computer, the time set was every day starts at 00:00:00 or 12:00:00AM(Midnight) and that day ended at 11:59:59.

So if I did a single show for one day that I wanted to to run with a specific time span, it would have a start and end date of 12/24, then start time would be show start, say 5:30pm and end (SAME DAY and DATE 12/24) at 11:00pm, however, if, and when I did that, and I already had a show that normally ran from 5:30pm until 10pm on that SAME DAY, I had to delete it, or I got conflicting show errors.

So I do not think the person is actually setting the show dates properly, as nothing before Midnight(12am) should have a different date to run a show.

And a lot of folks get 12:00pm(NOON) mixed up with 12:00am(MIDNIGHT), and doing so can cause weird things to happen too when creating a show.

Edited by Orville

Orville, the show setup changed MASSIVELY with S6.  How things got done in S4 has no relationship to how things are setup in S6.

37 minutes ago, k6ccc said:

Orville, the show setup changed MASSIVELY with S6.  How things got done in S4 has no relationship to how things are setup in S6.

Then someone made a grave mistake as this is how times and dates work in the real world. 

There is no valid reason to have a different date on the same day for creating a show for that day.  It makes NO SENSE!

Just like the hub in S4 is WRONG, it can not discern 12:00AM Midnight from 12:00PM Noon, and ALWAYS defaults to NOON if anything from 12:00AM through 12:59AM is selected ALWAYS defaults to the PM (NOON TIME).

Just seems to me the dates and times are not correct in S6, as a day/date starts at 00:00:00/12:00:00AM and ends at 23:59:59/11:59:59PM.  So, if the show creation file DOES NOT follow that standard, then there is a big problem.

And I wasn't just going on S4, but going on how and when the time and date changes in the real world.

Edited by Orville

Update: I was just worrying too much. The show is scheduled properly (although I still get an "overlapping show" warning that isn't valid).

6 hours ago, Orville said:

There is no valid reason to have a different date on the same day for creating a show for that day.  It makes NO SENSE!

That's not what the "End" date in the date range means. It doesn't mean "Start this show at 17:15 on 12/24/2023 and end it on 23:00 on 12/25/2023". What it means is: Run this show between 17:15 and 22:00 on typical weeknights (Sun-Thu), but when the date is between 12/24/2023 and 12/25/2023 (inclusive), run it between 17:15 and 23:00.

Edited by Steven