Light-O-Rama Forums

Props not updating DMX settings correctly

gsmith37064

I decided to rebuild my preview from the ground up to get past the merge motion row problem.

Now I have a snag with 7 props not updating their end channel correctly. The 8 props are 1 pixel each. The are coming off of my Circle 02 prop which is on universe 20 with an End Channel of 150.

Prop 1:

Start Universe: 20 - Start Channel: 1 - End Universe:20 - End Channel 153 (This one is correct)

Prop 2:

Start Universe: 20 - Start Channel: 1 - End Universe:20 - End Channel 153 (This one is NOT correct, it should be 156)

Prop 3:

Start Universe: 20 - Start Channel: 1 - End Universe:20 - End Channel 153 (This one is NOT correct, it should be 159)

Prop 4:

Start Universe: 20 - Start Channel: 1 - End Universe:20 - End Channel 153 (This one is NOT correct, it should be 162)

Any clue has to why all 8 props show End Channel as 153 and not the correct End Channel? I can't change it either.

The only way I was able to get it corrected was to export the 8 old props and import them into the new preview.

Edited by gsmith37064

Circle 02 prop would be Start Channel 1 - end 150

Prop 1 would be Start channel 151 - end 153

Prop 2 would be Start Channel 154 - end 156

prop 3 would be start channel 157 - end 159

prop 4 would be start channel 160 - end 162

As they are all on the Same Universe..........

Edited by Jimehc

1 hour ago, Jimehc said:

Circle 02 prop would be Start Channel 1 - end 150

Prop 1 would be Start channel 151 - end 153

Prop 2 would be Start Channel 154 - end 156

prop 3 would be start channel 157 - end 159

prop 4 would be start channel 160 - end 162

As they are all on the Same Universe..........

Hi Jim.

Circle 2 is correct on what you said. PROP 1 has been on 153 for about 6 years and working. Knock-on-Wood

Any clue on how to drop it back down to 151? The issue I am having is that I cannot change it.

Edited by gsmith37064

7 minutes ago, gsmith37064 said:

Hi Jim.

Circle 2 is correct on what you said. I do agree that PROP 1 should start on 151, but it's been on 153 for about 6 years and working. Knock-on-Wood

Any clue on how to drop it back down to 151? That is the issue I am having. I cannot change it.

The string is 58 pixels long. 50 for the circle and 1 per each prop for a total of 58 bulbs on 9 props.

Edited by gsmith37064

15 minutes ago, Jimehc said:

Image00101.jpg

Yes that is correct, but as I stated in my first post they are all on End Channel 153 and I cannot change it.

The only way I could get them back to normal was to export the old props and re-import them into the new preview.

I would like to know why I cannot update them to the correct END CHANNEL.

1 hour ago, gsmith37064 said:

PROP 1 has been on 153 for about 6 years and working. Knock-on-Wood

Any clue on how to drop it back down to 151? The issue I am having is that I cannot change it.

You are wrapped up with the end channel.  You set the start channel, not the end.  The end channel is calculated based on the start channel and the number of channels needed for the prop.

What Jimehc posted a few minutes ago looks correct.

7 minutes ago, k6ccc said:

Your props 1 - 8 are each a single pixel.

That is correct. It's a single bulb stuck inside a character that lights up.

I have not tested in S6 yet so that may be the problem. In S4 and S5 it worked without issue.

Now here is how the custom mini figure prop is designed.

0x0

xxx

0x0

x0x

The 0 is off and the x is on. It makes a little man figure in the custom light placement grid.

So really its 3x4 box that all shares the same pixel number. Prop 1 is pixel 51.

Wish the forums allowed for bigger pic posts without having to delete them over time so I hope you understand what it is I did. If not, I can make a video of it.

Edited by gsmith37064

5 minutes ago, gsmith37064 said:

Wish the forums allowed for bigger pic posts without having to delete them over time so I hope you understand what it is I did.

Upload the picture to some website and post a link to it.  Just make sure you you set the access permissions so that anyone can view it.  For example, this photo of the lovely Asha Melvana from  the TSO west coast tour is actually on my Google Drive:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/19xuNffvw-uCIG6tvkrayYgBdTwUaPMqP/view?usp=sharing

Just now, k6ccc said:

Upload the picture to some website and post a link to it.  Just make sure you you set the access permissions so that anyone can view it.  For example, this photo of the lovely Asha Melvana from  the TSO west coast tour is actually on my Google Drive:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/19xuNffvw-uCIG6tvkrayYgBdTwUaPMqP/view?usp=sharing

Check out the video I just posted.

These little 8 props have been in use since S4.

I took a tumble off the roof last year so I did not get everything put out this year.

Those 8 little guys did not make it out. So now I am testing and rebuilding and noticed the problem with them in S6.

Edited by gsmith37064

What you show on your video does not make sense.  Confirm that each prop is a single channel that is a single light?

Each of your props needs to be a single pixel - NOT starting at channel 1.  Prop 1 will start at channel 151 (and with a single pixel it will end at 153).  Prop 2 will start at channel 154 and therefore end at 156.

The software does not know or care that it happens to be the same physical string as any other prop.

BTW, in my opinion, going to the effort of making each of those  a man shape is way more effort than needed.  I would just make each a single bulb or flood in the preview.  As long as YOU know that each of those is one of the little men, you are good to go.

What you show on your video does not make sense.  Confirm that each prop is a single channel that is a single light?

Each of your props needs to be a single pixel - NOT starting at channel 1.  Prop 1 will start at channel 151 (and with a single pixel it will end at 153).  Prop 2 will start at channel 154 and therefore end at 156.

The software does not know or care that it happens to be the same physical string as any other prop.

It's the start channel I know, but it's been that way since S4 and worked. I am not sure why it's not updating correctly in S6. I am scratching my head right now.

The custom light placement is correct.

But if I change the start channel to 151 the end channel jumps to 303 instead of 153. This is what is throwing me off.

Even building a new PROP 1, it does the same exact thing. So now I am really at a loss as to why.

ended up swapping the RGB for DUMB and I noticed it puts in a ton of extra channels all the way to 303. This is why I am seeing that number. I just don't know how to tell it to stop after 153.

NOTE: Changing it to 1 pixel does the same thing.

Edited by gsmith37064

Do you have TeamViewer on your computer?  I would be happy to remote in a work with you on this rather than back and forth forum posts.

Do you have TeamViewer on your computer?  I would be happy to remote in a work with you on this rather than back and forth forum posts.

I do. I will PM you