Light-O-Rama Forums

Ai Sequencing?

dawson621

I got ChatGPT 3.5 to create a 10-second sequence with a single channel set to 100%. 

I provided it with a simple LMS file (in text/xml format) example I had. I attempted to prompt it to generate a 16-channel chase sequence, but it seems the AI model wasn't trained on any .lms files in XML (text) format. It would attempt to create a structure and then want me to add the channel effects. For those unfamiliar with how AI functions, it's trained on about 90% of the provided data/examples (model cards) to build a model and uses the remaining 10% of data/examples (model cards) to test its accuracy.

It has a limited understanding beyond some retained information from the example. As a result, the structure was missing things like the author's information, creation date, media file details, timing grids, and tracks. Because of this, I tried to get a 10-second sequence with a single channel instead. I did back-and-forth with the AI, highlighting errors and how to fix them.

Ultimately, I was able to get the sequence in three separate messages as the AI struggled to understand how the parts should be connected and structured together. I copied and pasted these into Notepad, saving it as an .lms file, and it worked! 🎉 I'm excited for how AI can assist sequencing in the future. (some screenshots attached)

image.thumb.png.a47598113deb6c5ae7cd28f08a944787.png

image.png

image.png

• Like 1