Light-O-Rama Forums

New User - Trying to open *.lms file from xLights into the LOR Sequencer

jtindale

Hello,

Before I go too far down this rabbit hole, I would like to know if this is even possible.  I have a singing tree model loaded into xLights and have a sample sequence where the tree is speaking.  I converted that into an *.lms and opened it in the LOR sequencer but the channel mapping is squirrelly.  When I open the sequence in LOR, it sees the sequence as a legacy sequence and wants to me match all 903 channels.... manually. 😢

First off, is what I want to do even possible (creating a talking tree in xLights, open the LMS in LOR, and then use that as part of my show)?  For now, the talking tree parts will be standalone sequences and not integrated into my other musical sequences.  If that makes sense.

Secondly, is it possible to make the channel mapping easier?

LOR-Conversion-1.png

lms is Channel Level sequencing - so enable Channel Level for the Prop then expand the three color rows (Copy for lms sequence into those expanded color channels (going to assume the Prop has 301 Pixels) (903 Color Channels)...

16 minutes ago, Jimehc said:

lms is Channel Level sequencing - so enable Channel Level for the Prop then expand the three color rows (Copy for lms sequence into those expanded color channels (going to assume the Prop has 301 Pixels) (903 Color Channels)...

Ok. Let me give this a shot. Thanks!

hey Jimehc,

I tried what you suggested but maybe I am not understanding it correctly.  I hit this issue when I try to open the lms file because S6 tries to upgrade the legacy sequence (so it says).  Then it wants to me to match 903 channels.  See here:

spacer.png 

Back in the day when I was messing with xlights, I had better luck exporting as a clipboard file from xlights to LOR. It's been a long time since I've done that but a quick google search may help you out.