Light-O-Rama Forums

Feature Request - Add "Ends" option to Curtain Edge in the Curtain effect

Brad Stucky

Would it be possible to add another option to the Curtain Edge variable in the Curtain effect?  This would be open and open/close curtain from the ends.  There have been many times when I wished that was available.  I guess there would need to be the equivalent in the perpendicular direction.  Perhaps Ends-Horizontal and Ends-Vertical.  I have been using Mix Rt Hides Lt with Color Wash and Curtain center open-then-close to do about the same thing so it's not a big deal.

Edited by Brad Stucky
additional data

Thanks Steve, but it doesn't accomplish the actions beginning from the ends.  My explanation was sorely lacking and flawed.   I shouldn't have included the open in my original post, but instead, just the middle and center.   When using Center or Middle for the curtain edge, there is no option to "open then close" or "close then open" from the ends.  The only action available starts from the center or middle.    I also just added to the post how I am simulating the effect a Mix Rt Hides Lt.   Thanks, Steve.  Hope your show is going well.

Edited by Brad Stucky

14 minutes ago, Brad Stucky said:

Thanks Steve, but it doesn't accomplish the actions beginning from the ends.  My explanation was sorely lacking and flawed.   I shouldn't have included the open in my original post, but instead, just the middle and center.   When using Center or Middle for the curtain edge, there is no option to "open then close" or "close then open" from the ends.  The only action available starts from the center or middle.    I also just added to the post how I am simulating the effect a Mix Rt Hides Lt.   Thanks, Steve.  Hope your show is going well.

Wow, I didn't even explain that correctly either.   I'll try again.   Imagine the curtain is closed and you want to open or open-then-close it from the two ends.  The other affect is to imagine that the curtain is open and you want to close or close-then-open it from the middle or center.

Edited by Brad Stucky

Try this:

1. Curtain Edge: right
  2. Movement: open then close
  3. Mirror horizontally

This seems to open-then-close it from the two ends.

Note: This was not possible before version 6.2.0, and if you try to copy a sequence using this effect (with "mirror") to a show player earlier than version 6.2.0, it won't work.

1 hour ago, Steven said:

Try this:

1. Curtain Edge: right
  2. Movement: open then close
  3. Mirror horizontally

This seems to open-then-close it from the two ends.

Note: This was not possible before version 6.2.0, and if you try to copy a sequence using this effect (with "mirror") to a show player earlier than version 6.2.0, it won't work.

Thanks! Steve.  I don't know why I didn't try that.  I guess I tried using "left" and it does something else so I just assumed selecting right wouldn't work, but it does!  It works for both effects I was wanting.  (Open-then-Close  and Close-then-Open)  Thanks a bunch!!