Light-O-Rama Forums

Feature Request- Adding a selected ME row to a Group.

Box on Rails

I tried to add this request to the Open Beta group but there was no button in that group to do so. Here is what I want to do. I have Many singing props in my show. Each prop has an Outline ME row. Eyes Open and Eyes Closed ME row and 10 Mouth position ME rows. When I create a sequence and the song has no singing I like to use only the Outline of the prop. I want to add only the Outline ME Row to the whole house group for effects across the entire display. S6 does not currently allow a single selected ME row to be added to a Group. You have to add the entire prop to a group. This wont work with the singing tree prop because when added to a group any effect in the group will be displayed on every single pixel in the singing tree prop. That means all the mouth positions will light up. My fix for this was to divide the singing prop into 2 separate props. One prop has the eyes and mouth pixels and the second has the outline. I create a group with these 2 props for the singing tree and now I have the ability to add only the outline of these props to my whole house group. My request is to add a better grouping tool that would allow for single ME rows of specific props to be added to any group. The dividing of a prop should not be necessary and all the ME rows within any prop should be available to all groups. Possibly even have 2 grouping tools one groups by prop and another groups by ME rows. Or inside a group under each prop a sub selection to highlight only the ME row in that prop to be used in that group. This would not only address my issue with singing props but it would open up the ability to allow ME rows for certain portions of stars, pixel trees, spinners Matrix and any prop that uses ME rows for effects to be used in groups. I hope this makes sense to you all. 

Thank you

Kenny Jure

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Box on Rails said:

I tried to add this request to the Open Beta group but there was no button in that group to do so. Here is what I want to do. I have Many singing props in my show. Each prop has an Outline ME row. Eyes Open and Eyes Closed ME row and 10 Mouth position ME rows. When I create a sequence and the song has no singing I like to use only the Outline of the prop. I want to add only the Outline ME Row to the whole house group for effects across the entire display. S6 does not currently allow a single selected ME row to be added to a Group. You have to add the entire prop to a group. This wont work with the singing tree prop because when added to a group any effect in the group will be displayed on every single pixel in the singing tree prop. That means all the mouth positions will light up. My fix for this was to divide the singing prop into 2 separate props. One prop has the eyes and mouth pixels and the second has the outline. I create a group with these 2 props for the singing tree and now I have the ability to add only the outline of these props to my whole house group. My request is to add a better grouping tool that would allow for single ME rows of specific props to be added to any group. The dividing of a prop should not be necessary and all the ME rows within any prop should be available to all groups. Possibly even have 2 grouping tools one groups by prop and another groups by ME rows. Or inside a group under each prop a sub selection to highlight only the ME row in that prop to be used in that group. This would not only address my issue with singing props but it would open up the ability to allow ME rows for certain portions of stars, pixel trees, spinners Matrix and any prop that uses ME rows for effects to be used in groups. I hope this makes sense to you all. 

Thank you

Kenny Jure

+1

I have bats in my Halloween display that has wings up and wings down. I need this feature too so I can just have the wings up in one group and wings down in a different group. Would also be helpful for my singing bulbs like you are talking about.

That sounds like a great idea, but I can see that it may be difficult to implement because props and groups are defined in the Preview, while motion effect rows are defined in the Sequence. (Yes, I know there are default motion effect rows in the Preview, but these are just used as defaults when a new sequence is created. They aren't linked to the motion effect rows in the sequence.)

Motion effects are assigned as MotionRowDefault ID's - in the preview

<PropClass id="ebdb1e86-4a1f-442b-a6cf-7076a9dcae88" BulbShape="Square" ChannelGrid="Regular,57,1,60,0,;Regular,57,61,150,0,;Regular,57,151,270,0," Comment="" CustomBulbColor="FFFFFF80" DeviceType="LOR" DimmingCurveName="PixelCurve" IndividualChannels="False" LegacySequenceMethod="" MaxChannels="510" Opacity="255" MasterDimmable="True" PreviewBulbSize="2" RgbOrder="RGB order" MasterPropId="" SeparateIds="False" StartLocation="Bottom-CW" StringType="RGB" TraditionalColors="" TraditionalType="Multicolor_string_1_ch" EffectBulbSize="1" Tag="" Name="Fire Pole 01 Star" Parm1="20" Parm2="30" Parm3="40" Parm4="0" Parm5="0" Parm6="0" Parm7="0" Parm8="0" Parm9="0" Parm10="0" Parm11="0">
    <shape ShapeName="Stars Nested" OffsetX="-0.20510991" OffsetY="0.08108681" ScaleX="0.1129372" ScaleY="0.163726" Radians="0" />
    <MotionRowDefaults>
      <MotionRowDefault id="13e5a25a-1e70-480f-b9af-4f3b5e96258a" name="Outer Ring" subx="0" suby="0" subw="1" subh="0.3333333" />
      <MotionRowDefault id="66c2ff09-6f3e-4a36-9100-276169aa87c8" name="Middle Ring" subx="0" suby="0.3333333" subw="1" subh="0.3333333" />
      <MotionRowDefault id="a931a756-5644-4b76-af69-3db750f4bf9a" name="Inner Ring" subx="0" suby="0.6666667" subw="1" subh="0.3333333" />
    </MotionRowDefaults>
  </PropClass>

Groups are assigned with MotionRowDefault ID's - in the Preview

<PropGroup id="e9e5d571-d019-44b7-be46-0628bdf36243" Arrangement="Horizontal" PreviewResFactor="10" EffectBulbSize="1" Tag="" Name="Group-RGB Fire Pole 01">
    <member id="ebdb1e86-4a1f-442b-a6cf-7076a9dcae88" orientation="normal" top="0" left="0" />
    <member id="662eba66-bf79-4fc3-b583-adc86cffded0" orientation="normal" top="0" left="0" />
    <MotionRowDefaults>
      <MotionRowDefault id="f59f9a64-d4e0-4a0b-9380-84bd777ac880" name="Effects 01" />
    </MotionRowDefaults>
  </PropGroup>

so what you are hoping to do is be able to Group - MotionRowDefault ID's

Or be able to Remove MotionRowDefault ID's from the Whole House Group - without removing them from the actual Prop or from that Prop in other Groups..

So wonder if it would be possible to include the MotionRowDefault ID's that are included the PropClass Id (Member ID) and then somehow expanded when creating the PropGroup ID

Edited by Jimehc

Let's say that hypothetically, you wanted to not include the entire "Fire Pole 01 Star" in the "Group-RGB Fire Pole 01" group, but only include part of it: the "Outer Ring".

Then, you could change remove the ID for "Fire Pole 01 Star" from the group, and add the ID for the "Outer Ring", perhaps like this:

<PropGroup id="e9e5d571-d019-44b7-be46-0628bdf36243" Arrangement="Horizontal" PreviewResFactor="10" EffectBulbSize="1" Tag="" Name="Group-RGB Fire Pole 01">
    <member id="13e5a25a-1e70-480f-b9af-4f3b5e96258a" orientation="normal" top="0" left="0" />
    <member id="662eba66-bf79-4fc3-b583-adc86cffded0" orientation="normal" top="0" left="0" />
    <MotionRowDefaults>
      <MotionRowDefault id="f59f9a64-d4e0-4a0b-9380-84bd777ac880" name="Effects 01" />
    </MotionRowDefaults>
  </PropGroup>

There may have to be some way of telling the software that 13e5a25a-1e70-480f-b9af-4f3b5e96258a is a MotionRowDefault and not a PropClass. I've seen LOR do this by adding a special (upper-case) magic character as the first character of the ID. We'll have to see what they do if they take this suggestion.

• Like 1