Light-O-Rama Forums

Whole House Motion Row w/Sub Models

gsmith37064

When I do a whole house (everything) effect, it will turn all the pixels on instead of using just the sub model.

Is there a way to only use that?

Example: 16x50 column all pixels lights up to form a giant rectangle. I only want the outline of 5 boxes on the column to be included in the whole house effect.

This one is driving me crazy as I have been at it for a couple days and not getting any closer to a solution.

If you look at the columns on the left and right side of the garage, this is the sub-model (5 squares outlined) I want to include in the whole house effect. But if you look at the video time at 2:16 you will see it change to solid. It also lights up all the pixels under the 4 arches near the bottom of the screen. There are sub-models under the arch like a star, bat, deer, turkey, eagle, etc.

Edited by gsmith37064

18 hours ago, gsmith37064 said:

When I do a whole house (everything) effect, it will turn all the pixels on instead of using just the sub model.

Is there a way to only use that?

Example: 16x50 column all pixels lights up to form a giant rectangle. I only want the outline of 5 boxes on the column to be included in the whole house effect.

This one is driving me crazy as I have been at it for a couple days and not getting any closer to a solution.

If what you mean by sub model is the ME row for the 5 box effect, then I know exactly what you are trying to do and as of right now I have found no way of doing it with ME Rows. The only way I was able to make a specific ME row in a prop to be added to another group is I had to split the prop. This is what I did with singing trees and ornaments. I only wanted the Outline (ME Row) portion added to the whole house Group. Not the eyes or mouths. using just the singing prop when I wanted just the outline of tree to light up I used the Outline ME row for the outline. that's easy enough. I wanted to add just the outline ME row to the Whole House group. Currently in S6 this is not possible. You can't just add a specific ME row from any prop to a group. In S6 you can only add an entire prop to a group. this meant that all the lights in the singing tree would light up when using the whole house Group. There is no tool at present that allows for a single selected ME row of a prop to be added to another group. My fix was I created 2 props from the one that made up the singing tree. One prop has only eyes and mouths and the second prop has the outline. I of course grouped the 2 props together and this set up now allowed me to add only the outline of the singing prop to any group. Any ME Row in your column Prop that you want added to the whole house group will need to be set up on a custom Prop. This means that each portion of the prop will need to be made into a separate prop and then all of the new props made into a group. This would allow you to use any portion of the column in the whole house group. Also with in it's own group you can still have the entire column work as one. This is kind of a long reply but the short answer is No you cannot add only a single ME Row from a prop to another group. I have made the suggestion to allow a tool that would allow better grouping that would include using single selected ME rows from a prop in groups but nothing has come of this in the several updates that have come out. Hope this helps. 

Be Well

Kenny Jure

• Thanks 1

I talked to Vince yesterday on this as well and he came to the same conclusion. Seems like this would be an important feature to have. Especially with the multi purpose props that have stars and bats built in. Looks like crap when all the lights come on. I could use Kenny's idea of breaking the prop down, but I don't want to redesign several props for 1 effect right now.

i ended up scrapping the whole house effect and going back to channel level to do what I needed.

• Like 1