Light-O-Rama Forums

Lights still turning off at end of sequence, can't interrupt sequences

TallDude

Hey folks. Newest version of Control Panel, Pro license, G4 director.

I have an SD card with 16 sequences to test each channel step by step. The page that has the Round Robin option doesn't let me check the option to keep lights on at the end of the sequence, but the final (before writing) screen I can deselect options that will allow the sequences to be interrupted by input click (desired) and leave lights on after the sequence ends (desired). However, it isn't behaving that way. Am I missing something? Is this just something that despite the option isn't supported?

I use an N4G4 Director, are you using RGB Controllers and sequences?  If so, you can't use an external switch to stop RGB sequences.

Also, Directors, as far as I know have never allowed "round robin" or random selection of sequences, that's not something they can do, never have.

They play sequences in a specific order (you can select the play order before writing the SD Card). 

And they only play animation and musical sequences, no background sequences.  I know they can use a start up sequence, but not an ending sequence.

Directors have many limitations, and you've discovered some of the ones they don't have in the way you're trying to yse the Director.

To keep lights on at the end, you usually check an option in the sequencer to either "turn lights off at end" and uncheck it(prior to saving a sequence to keep lights on after the sequence ends.)

Looks to me you saved and wrote the sequence to the SD Card with "Turn lights off at end" selected in the actual sequence, and that's why your lights turn off when the sequence ends.

Edited by Orville

On 12/11/2023 at 9:28 PM, Orville said:

To keep lights on at the end, you usually check an option in the sequencer to either "turn lights off at end" and uncheck it(prior to saving a sequence to keep lights on after the sequence ends.)

Looks to me you saved and wrote the sequence to the SD Card with "Turn lights off at end" selected in the actual sequence, and that's why your lights turn off when the sequence ends.

Not seeing that option in the Sequencer program, outside of the "Control Lights" side tab that I thought was for live control rather than saving anything to the sequence itself. Where do I find that option?

8 minutes ago, TallDude said:

Not seeing that option in the Sequencer program, outside of the "Control Lights" side tab that I thought was for live control rather than saving anything to the sequence itself. Where do I find that option?

Not sure what version you're using, that sidebar info does not display on my cell phone, but in S4.4.16, the option is above the "Control Lights" under the Play tab.

Not sure if it is the same in S5 ir S6.  Have S6 on my laptop, but haven't done anything with it yet, so I don't know if this changed in the later versions.  I'd think it'd still be in there somewhere.