Light-O-Rama Forums

Show from prior years not running on Show Time Central and LOR sequence editor not even finding sequences from SD card

nels1345

Back in 2014 I purchase a ShowTime Central Starter  APR14-STC-Starter with 3 CTB16PC - Ready To Go controllers. I also purchased the Kingston plug n show card directly from the website. I downloaded some sequences from the website as well as purchased some from other websites. I had the entire show preloaded onto the SD card and have never had an issue the last 5 years since I last uploaded any new sequences. 

Set everything up yesterday and plugged in SD card to the mini show director and the show never started and no red status light. Verified all units are using cat 5 and receiving power. Downloaded LOR software 4.0 (highest my license would allow) and went into sequence editor and tried to open a sequence from the SD card but it's not even recognizing there are any sequences on the sd card. If i open a tutorial SD card and go to add media all my songs are showing, so I know it's not an issue with the SD card. I have 16 sequences saved as .SEQ files and 1 saved as a .SEQ.lsv. 

It's been 9 years since I really learned how to do everything in the LOR software, and I don't have really have time to do that now before Christmas. All I've had to do is download the files and songs directy from LOR or from people I purchased them from, open them in the editor to verify and then add them to the show using the show editor. The show editor also does not show any musical or animation sequences when I go to the SD card. I tried copying all sequences to my hard drive and then open from there and it's still not recognizing them. 

I have never had an issue before, so I haven't kept up on any changes and with Christmas only 2 weeks away just don't have time to re-learn everything from scratch. Can someone please help? Does the .SEQ no longer work? 

SEQ files are what the software creates for SD cards when you generate the SD card (or it was created for you.) You would need the original sequences (.LMS for S4) in order to edit them.

On 12/10/2023 at 8:08 PM, Don said:

SEQ files are what the software creates for SD cards when you generate the SD card (or it was created for you.) You would need the original sequences (.LMS for S4) in order to edit them.

That makes sense. Some of the originals were loaded on the card when I received them. 

If the sequences and the music are already loaded, would there be a reason why the show doesn't play? I've gone into the show software and tried to create a new show, but cannot. 

Thanks