Light-O-Rama Forums

1" or 2" spacing for 12mm bullets on Mega Tree

MattJ

A question in prep for next year.... For those of you running mega-trees with 12mm bullets what's your preferred spacing 1" or 2"?

Thanks in advance!

2 minutes ago, TheDucks said:

2" is 16' for 100 nodes

Yep that's pretty much where I am.

I guess the other way to ask the question: 

Those of you who have mega trees with 12mm pixels, would you build an 8' tree with 1" spacing or a 16' tree with 2" spacing?

It all depends on how far the viewers are from the show. If they are up to 25-30 feet then go with the 1" My tree is 65 to 75 feet so I went with 2" spacing and bigger tree.

My pixel tree is 1.33 inch spacing, so 100 pixels is 131.67 inches (or 10 feet 11.67 inches) from center of top pixel to center of bottom pixel.  That spacing was done to get the desired height.

It also depends on what you want to do with them image wise. I have a couiple of trees out front that do not need to display graphics, just patterns so I did the opposite, I measured them and ordered strips with custom  spacing from Holiday Coro exacly to match what I needed.  

Thanks for the advice, all. This is my first MegaTree and I am not going anywhere near 70' 😁

I already have the 1" strips left over from another project so I'm going to start small, with a 8' - 9' tree and 1" spacing and learn a few things before I go bigger. 

Thanks again