Light-O-Rama Forums

Props changing RGB order

marcnorthover

What would cause multiple props to change their RGB order?

- no changes to the preview

- no changes to the show config

I know I can go into the preview and change the order to reflect it's current behavior, but would like to know why it is happening.  Working with LOR for more than 10 years.  Never experienced this.

Is this a change from last year, or earlier this year?

Especially if the change is from last year, what changed?  Could be hardware, software, firmware, prop arrangement, Preview, something.  Think back to what may have been changed.

This is a new 2023 preview that has been running for at least a week.  Last night 2 props changed order.  I haven't adjusted the preview for a few days (adjusted total nodes on some props).

Go into the HU utility - find the controller - hit the 'Config" button - hit the "Cosmic Color/Pixie Config" button - Advanced >>> verify all ports set to RGB...

It has been long standing advise "here" to change the Channel Order (Color Order) in the Hardware.... The problem with that is the color change follows the Controller, rather then the actual Prop...

Thus I always suggest changing the "Channel Order" in the Prop Definition - so the color change follows the Prop and not the controller

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Jimehc said:

Go into the HU utility - find the controller - hit the 'Config" button - hit the "Cosmic Color/Pixie Config" button - Advanced >>> verify all ports set to RGB...

It has been long standing advise "here" to change the Channel Order (Color Order) in the Hardware.... The problem with that is the color change follows the Controller, rather then the actual Prop...

My personal advise is to go with changing the color order in the hardware.  Although that may go back to when I started with RGB and the software did not have the ability to change color order.  It had to be done in the pixel controller.  I also NEVER move a prop from one controller to another.  

Also might be useful to advise us what controllers are involved.  Jimehc's advise assumed Pixie controllers.  Most other controllers will be set differently.

Something may have caused the board(s) to do a Factory reset ???? I can't imagine anything but a very specific set of operations (see manual) that would do that. ????

Also check your string length (nodes) setting

It is a Pixie16 Controller.  I have 2 more in the show that are behaving normally.  Will check out the settings in the HU and see what I find.  

14 hours ago, marcnorthover said:

It is a Pixie16 Controller.  I have 2 more in the show that are behaving normally.  Will check out the settings in the HU and see what I find.  

Might need to update the firmware or re-update it.

I had a pixie controller last year somehow revert to an older firmware that created some strange issues.  I reloaded the newest FW available into it, and that fixed the issues I was having. 

Wasn't the RGB order, it was doing weird commands that weren't even sequenced, doing shimmers or twinkles when the sequence was set as full on or lesser intensities.

So, something to think about, FW if not right, or somehow got skewed, can do some strange things to lights connected to the controller.

Edited by Orville