Light-O-Rama Forums

MP3 gen 4 director

hopz28

My mp3 gen 4 director stop playing my ac channels and is only playing my rgb channel. It was playing the channels with the ac controller.

All on one network or multiple networks?

What network speed and Enhanced or not (on each network if more than one)?

What controllers are connected to what (mainly if there are more than one network)?

How many AC controllers on REG/Net1? Just one controller?

When the show is playing, do you have a solid status light on the AC controller?

Which AC controller? CTB16PC (plastic enclosure)? 1602 (metal enclosure)?

Are they new? Is this the first year you've run a show? Did you make any changes from when the AC lights were working, through the time they are not?

1 year for director, 3 year with rgb’s, 15 years with ac controllers.

1 ctb16 gen 3  controller on network 1, pixie8 & pixcon16 on aux a network 2

yes the controller internal light flashes. I went back to my laptop to run my lights nd earthing works fine.

the 16 channels flash (when powered on) then nothing.

i have not updated the director. The instructions are not really clear on that in my opinion 

Edited by hopz28

2 minutes ago, hopz28 said:

yes the controller internal light flashes. I went back to my laptop to run my lights nd earthing works fine.

the 16 channels flash (when powered on) then nothing.

I think what you meant by that was when connected to the Director, the status light on the AC controller remains flashing - indicating a lack of communications from the Director.  And when you connected your two networks to a computer by way of two USB to RS-485 adapters, everything works.  That sounds like either a failed output of the Director, or more likely a cabling issue.  When you connect the computer, are you using the same cables?  In other words, are you disconnecting the cable from port 1 of the Director and plugging it into a USB to RS-485 adapter, or is it a different cable?

1 hour ago, hopz28 said:

Yes I am using the same cables. Should I try the second port in network 1?

This is a N4G3?  that is not a second net1 port, that may be a Net2, 3 or 4 port. (Reg,A,B,C) your sequence need to be adjusted to use a different net

11 minutes ago, TheDucks said:

This is a N4G3?  that is not a second net1 port, that may be a Net2, 3 or 4 port. (Reg,A,B,C) your sequence need to be adjusted to use a different net

Going back to the original directors, you could run two connections out of NET1 and they would both operate a REG. I have no reason to believe that's changed on the N4G4.

1 hour ago, hopz28 said:

Yes I am using the same cables. Should I try the second port in network 1?

Go ahead and give it a try. If that doesn't work, re-assign REG to the NET3 or NET4 port and see if that works. 
Also, replace the cable just in case it's gone bad.

8 hours ago, TheDucks said:

No, it's an N4G4 Director from the way he stated it.

And, no, the 2n cat5 jack IS NOT Net2, it's still REGular(Net1).

The N4G4 Directors have a "dual" jack on the Regular port, they are wired just like the CTB16PC cat5 jacks, BOTH Reg (dual jacks) ARE Net1.

Net2(Aux A),Net3(Aux B), and Net4(Aux C) are all single cat5 jacks.  But, there ARE a total of 5 cat5 jacks on the N4G4 Director.

I run my old Gen1 on Reg, 115.4k, NON-enhanced, which also supplies power to my Director which can only be done through the Net1(Reg) dual cat5 jacks,  no other Net(2, 3 or 4), the "single" jacks on the Director, are set up to supply power to the Director.