Light-O-Rama Forums

Timings will not import/copy to new sequence

metallus2000

Just purchased Little Dummer Boy from Lightorama.

S6/18 version of software. I created a new music file and saved.

Unzipped LOR sequence and saved.

Closed and re-opened both, since the below didn't work.

I tried to export/import timings, no-go.

I copied/pasted multiple timings, no-go.

The timings when pasted/imported are not matching the LOR sequence I purchased.

If you purchased the sequence from LOR, then why not do a "Save As" and save the file to a new name. No need to copy/paste timing.

That said, I'd be interested in how you are doing the copy/paste for timings. I've not had any issues with it in 6.2.18.

I open a new sequence and cut/paste from lor one to my setup.

I normally copy lor timings from the menu and paste multiple timings into my sequence. I’ve had this problem with another lor rgb purchased sequence 

Edited by metallus2000

Just in case,,,,,,,, You ARE using copy and paste timings in the  right click menu? Must be a freeform grid and unlocked to see the first level right click menu.

1 hour ago, PhilMassey said:

Just in case,,,,,,,, You ARE using copy and paste timings in the  right click menu? Must be a freeform grid and unlocked to see the first level right click menu.

Ok I’ll try it when i get home from work, thanks. First time in 15 years of having this issue!

1 hour ago, Don said:

Hopefully that means you got it working.

No i copy/paste multiple timings, from theirs to mine, doesn’t work. I even split timings, and it matched, but when i cut/pasted in effects, no go on timing of song to effects

9 hours ago, Don said:

Well now I had to re-do the video. Copy/Pasting timings is 100% possible.

https://share.donteague.com/JivEEArD

Don, thanks. Already tried that. Worked for me for the past ten years. Frankly, I think the sequence is locked, or messed up, even though LOR said, "You can modify." Even the effects are off, using the same song. Seems to be off by ten seconds.

1 hour ago, metallus2000 said:

Don, thanks. Already tried that. Worked for me for the past ten years. Frankly, I think the sequence is locked, or messed up, even though LOR said, "You can modify." Even the effects are off, using the same song. Seems to be off by ten seconds.

Figured out the effects being off. LOR created the sequence using an older version of the song, no longer available on Amazon. I had purchased the newer version, and was using that. Luckily, I had an older version. Timing...still an issue. The song won't sync up, unless I can resolve that.

Edited by metallus2000
add