Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR1602Wg3-MP3g4

Sterling

Low priority.  (now!  I was panicking at first!).  I have my show set up on one side of my property.  I got an ELL setup but it didn't work for connecting the front of my house on another side of the property on another street.  Not a big deal but disappointing after buying it.  Something to figure out after january.  I was connecting to a: LOR1602Wg3-MP3g4 So I put a generic show on a SD card and are running my front lights on that just to be festive. (facing a different street). I plugged in my long ethernet cable to connect the two shows.  I thought when I have time, I will program some songs to my house.   But what happened was bizarre.  My front of house stopped working and my show controllers on the other street disappeared.  I couldn't see them in the test.  I unplugged everything and added back in one at a time and it all worked until I plugged in the other house.  So I unplugged that and all went back to normal.   There are no conflicts on unit numbers.  So when the LOR1602Wg3-MP3g4 is running a show but only addressing itself and connected to a network with another show running....they all get stupid and stop?  Didn't expect that.  But seems to be the result.   During the day when no show was running it did the same thing.  So that just tells me, until you only have one clock running, don't connect them.  Lesson learned.  I post this trying to understand why.   I think I get it but if anyone has any extra nuggets of info, I would love to hear it.   Learning, learning, learning!   I will try to add a diagram in the next few days as I need to make one anyway for my sanity!