Light-O-Rama Forums

How to set color of specific pixels for pixel stakes

Darrell

I have added pixel stakes this year in a 9x10 grid.  Each stake has 7 pixels numbered from the bottom to the top.  Each stake is configured as an individual firestick prop in Preview.  The props are then added to a group by row AND a group by column.  I have been able to use the motion effects applied to either the Rows or Columns very well for some nice looks.  However, I want to create a specific pattern for a sequence and need to set the colors for a few specific stakes mixing 2 colors.  An example would have the top 3 pixels as red and the remaining 4 as green.  I can't find any way to directly set this in sequencer.  None of the motion effects I have found lets me do this.  The closest is to start Red at the top and fades down while the bottom starts as Green and fades up.  It's close but the center is washed out with both colors.  If I try to put the individual stakes as props into the preview and set it there the effect gets applied to either the full column or the full row.  Is there a way to program this?

Create a custom motion effect rows for the desired pixels.

In Sequencer.

Right click on the prop name.

Manage motion effects.

Add a new ME row and change the drop-down.

You should see a view of all your stakes. Highlight the desired pixels. Repeat for each row.