Light-O-Rama Forums

GRID VIEW IMPORT ISSUE

RouthHurwitz

So what am I doing incorrectly?  I have multiple views in our grid configuration with our props and groups combined in many different combos to make programming easier. Each prop has multiple unique motion effect rows based on the latest revision of our preview.   HOWEVER when I import the most recent grid config into a sequence we are updating from previous years it 'BLENDS' them and does not seem to replace the existing views.  We will have old views left in and the order and changes on the motion effect rows does not always seem to come in consistent.  It will not always update the motion effect rows as we have made changes either.  This is killing us on time as we have to reset each prop and view and confirm the motion effect rows are coming in correctly as we have to BLEND or OVERLAY from the PREVIEW to update the existing props?  How does LOR bring in the EXPORTED Channel Config into an existing sequence?  Am I missing a check box to blow out the old GRID views and replace it with the import?  Is there a way to kill all grid views in a sequence first and then import what we have saved?

ANY help would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Delete the views, then import the updated.

Programming will still be there, since it will always be in the "show all items" view.

We have over 20 views so that is disappointing that I will need to do this with each sequence we pull from our library.  

Maybe there is an alternative out there we missed.

You'd have to test this ..

Create a new musical with the same song/Preview. If the "show all items" view is the same in both, then you should be able to copy the effects from old to new (sequence) then import your grid.