Light-O-Rama Forums

Singing faces - identical unit assignments

Gasman66

Purchased a new Zuzu during sale this year.  Now testing for proper operation before running Christmas show.  Using HU tested two faces purchased 2 years ago - Ralphie and Felix.  HU reporting and testing shows two faces Felix and Zuzu are assigned channel 30/Port 1 with Ralphie also reporting channel 30/Port 1 in a separate line.  Testing shows both Felix and Zuzu illuminate with low intensity.  This is the only aspect that seems reasonable since they  must be sharing power from one of the controllers.  Testing Ralphie works as expected.  

Verified Zuzu is V1.

Verified controllers assigned to each face is connected to them correctly.  Controllers are dazie chained - Ralphie to Zuzu to Felix.  

Trying Port 2 on any controller illuminates none of the pixels.

Ralphie and Felix worked properly the last two years.

Two 16 channel and one Pixie 4 controllers down stream of the singing faces.  All working as expected and none reporting duplicate channel numbers.  All of these are on Regular network.

I have not tried to reassign channels  and all are as received from LOR.

Suggestions ?

Do you have the Singing tree setup guide? 

Zuzu  s/b ID 36

Ralphie is 34

Eldon is 30

Felix is 32

Edited by TheDucks

I was not aware there was one, so - No I do not. The reading I have done lead me to believe these were set from LOR and did not require setup.  

33 minutes ago, Gasman66 said:

I was not aware there was one, so - No I do not. The reading I have done lead me to believe these were set from LOR and did not require setup.  

Someone messed up and packed the wrong one??   Go to the singing tree page , the link to setup is in the text (and not listed on the document download page :( )

They are Pixie2's. Depending on if you have the old mouth (V1) or the Newer V2. there is an additional jumper. Do not change anything else.

49 minutes ago, Gasman66 said:

They usually are.  Mine came set from LOR, but I turned off all the DIP switches and set their ID's to what I wanted them to be via the HU.  If they are set to the defaults(via the DIP switches), and you use the HU to set them, they'll revert back to the DIP switch settings.  To set their ID from the HU, and retain those ID's require all DIP switches to be in the OFF position.

Are you sure when you opened them up to install the cat5 cable(s) you didn't inadvertently hit the bank of switches and possibly flip one in each controller that might have set each Pixie to the same ID number, instead of being different, as they should have been, or did you change any of the DIP switches and make them all the same? 

Like all on, instead of all off?  If ALL ON that would set things, such as the ID on each controller to be identical.

Now, if each singing tree controller were on a different network, then they'd work with the same ID number, but if all are put on the same network with the same ID, you're going to have some conflicts between all trees, and the lights won't be correct on any of them, as all controllers are fighting for the light data to the tree lights.

TheDucks and Orville - Thanks for your quick replies. 

I am sure I did not hit the DIPS but will open all three Pixies to check then will set each unit IDs off the network using the HU. 

Zuzu  s/b ID 36

Ralphie is 34

Eldon is 30

Felix is 32

going to start that process now.

Appreciate the help.