Light-O-Rama Forums

Playing a show is different than editor

Galactic

Looking for help here. I have S6 pro and when I play my show through SE all lights work as sequenced. When I put them in a show and play the show the colors are different and some lights don’t work. It is only effecting lights on the LOR network. Dmx lights work fine. 

Interesting , Last year I had same issue. I was using S5 though. If I played seq in SE all was good but using scheduled shows my talking trees would partially work with rest of display. Never figured it out. But this year using S6 latest version all is good. I thought it might be software related. But if you are using S6 I can’t say.

What plays in the Preview player should play to your lights.... Somebody may have used the Advanced Configuration in the actual controller... Use the Hardware Utility and verify that the Advanced Configuration is using the Default hardware settings... And also verify that the Prop Definition matches the Hardware > Unit ID and Network

Edited by Jimehc

1 hour ago, Marty Spain said:

Interesting , Last year I had same issue. I was using S5 though. If I played seq in SE all was good but using scheduled shows my talking trees would partially work with rest of display. Never figured it out. But this year using S6 latest version all is good. I thought it might be software related. But if you are using S6 I can’t say.

I have been getting a prompt for the latest version but I didn’t want to risk messing up the show. Do you think it’s safe to update it?

1 hour ago, Jimehc said:

What plays in the Preview player should play to your lights.... Somebody may have used the Advanced Configuration in the actual controller... Use the Hardware Utility and verify that the Advanced Configuration is using the Default hardware settings... And also verify that the Prop Definition matches the Hardware > Unit ID and Network

This is possible as I bought these controllers used. I’ll check and put them back to default. 

So switching it to advanced LOR network fixed most of the lights. I have one controller that doesn’t work and two floods the are glitchy. It’s not perfect but I’ll take it for now. I’m going to open a case to see if LOR can see what’s going on. It all still works perfectly in the SE

CTB 16 and two 50w floods. The two floods are glitchy and the one ctb16 does t work at all. They all work fine through the SE though. 

1 hour ago, Galactic said:

CTB 16 and two 50w floods. The two floods are glitchy and the one ctb16 does t work at all. They all work fine through the SE though. 

It isn't mentioned what other controllers or the network config, but unless the CTB16 is a Gen 3 controller, it won't work with in an enhanced network or with higher speeds (>115k).

If you don't know, it is probably not a Gen3, so try it non-enhanced at a maximum of 115k and see if it works better.