Light-O-Rama Forums

Connection sequence

rickla hamilton

I have the Christmas Controller Package - 80 Outputs With RGB i see 8 boxes in total.... So far i had all 8 boxes connected like this box one then box two then the box without a number... But the rgb lights do not work... When i do a light test the lights all turn on but they wont work in the sequence one 4 lights tun on on all rgb strands.... https://photos.app.goo.gl/tN697zHwrAPHm4KP8

If you have an RGB controller that is only lighting up 4 or 5 pixels, then it has the wrong address. Probably has the address of a 16 channel controller.

Check the docs from wow lights, and make sure you have things set up correctly.

We bouth this thing with the idea it works straight out the box... Why did we pay for the full package if the sequence wont work as should... Those documentations are complicated... If anyone has a quicker solution please help... In the meantime i will try to look at the documentations 

Also can the boxes be chained in any order or is there a specific order... I notice the big boxes have numbers but the small boxes dont... One of the big box is connected to the computer and all the other big and small boxes connect back to that main box is that correct? 

Edited by rickla hamilton

1 hour ago, rickla hamilton said:

Also can the boxes be chained in any order or is there a specific order... I notice the big boxes have numbers but the small boxes dont... One of the big box is connected to the computer and all the other big and small boxes connect back to that main box is that correct? 

Any physical order on the chain. 

Sorry, I need a link to the page you ordered from. 'Box' does not convey anything usefull

We bouth this thing with the idea it works straight out the box... Why did we pay for the full package if the sequence wont work as should... Those documentations are complicated... If anyone has a quicker solution please help... In the meantime i will try to look at the documentations 

Packages have all the pieces you need. Ready to GO, Not Ready to PLAY. The vendor has no real Idea on how or where you will use. Some folk roll their own shows, others buy sequences.

NOTE: Every sequence vendor does their thing. You match the settings of your items to the Sequence pieces you want to use. (LOR has both Smart and Dumb coded in most. There is a picture chart as to what LOR box Address for a prop )

BASIC License won't work with as many items as you mentioned below.  That is only good for 2 DUMB controllers (01-02) See the chart. https://store.lightorama.com/pages/software-comparison

IMHO The Starter License listed on a package should clearly indicate it needs a bump.  (You do save on the original License when bought with LOR hardware) The bumps add to what you have, not replace, so not a loss.

21 minutes ago, TheDucks said:

Any physical order on the chain. 

Sorry, I need a link to the page you ordered from. 'Box' does not convey anything usefull

🥺 OK I found your link in the first post. This is a WoW lights package (Uses LOR hardware), not a LOR package.   This is not a Turnkey package. 

What is included (LOR stuff) is pretty obscure.  5 16 Output Light-O-Rama CTB16PC Controllers, (if not labeled, you need to set the ID' per the Sequence included instructions)

I gleaned there are 2 USB adapters (2 networks). The black on is for the DUMB controllers (AC, The floods are  single color AC floods )

The Arches use Pixie4', smart controllers (that is 4 LOR ID consumed per controller)

The Red (HS) is for the smart Pixel controllers. There are no order for Each Type, but do not interconnect the 2 Networks.

20 minutes ago, TheDucks said:

🥺 OK I found your link in the first post. This is a WoW lights package (Uses LOR hardware), not a LOR package.   This is not a Turnkey package. 

What is included (LOR stuff) is pretty obscure.  5 16 Output Light-O-Rama CTB16PC Controllers, (if not labeled, you need to set the ID' per the Sequence included instructions)

I gleaned there are 2 USB adapters (2 networks). The black on is for the DUMB controllers (AC, The floods are  single color AC floods )

The Arches use Pixie4', smart controllers (that is 4 LOR ID consumed per controller)

The Red (HS) is for the smart Pixel controllers. There are no order for Each Type, but do not interconnect the 2 Networks.

Dammm this is complicated... We only saw one usb network adapter but let me search to ensure there is not another one.... Only a black one we have so far connected to the laptop and indeed all the dumb lights do work... When you say pixie4 smart controllers you are referring to the small boxes right.... The red Hs am not sure what your referring to

41 minutes ago, rickla hamilton said:

Dammm this is complicated... We only saw one usb network adapter but let me search to ensure there is not another one.... Only a black one we have so far connected to the laptop and indeed all the dumb lights do work... When you say pixie4 smart controllers you are referring to the small boxes right.... The red Hs am not sure what your referring to

He is referring to a RED HIGH SPEED ADAPTER, which is required for LOR Pixie Controllers (Pixie2/4/8/16), which require a high speed(500k or 1,000K) and an ENHANCED (ELOR) Network. 

And if you have only a BASIC License, you won't be able to coonect all those controllers, for ELOR devices, like the Pixie4 SMART RGB controller, you're going to need to UPGRADE your software license to PRO to use them.

Otherwise, you won't be able to do much of anything with anything less than a PRO license.  BASIC only controls a MAXIMUM OF2 CONTROLLERS,  you have 16 CTB16OC controllers and each Pixie4 uses 4 consecutive ID's each, that would be 8 additional ID's for a total of 24 ID's for every controller you have.

You're definitely going to have to upgrade your license to PRO to get the lights all working, as well as 2 networks, a black adapter and a red HS adapter for the 2 networks you need.

Edited by Orville

Are you sure you got everything shown on that page? A photo of what you have (Put a post-it with a number so we can say #42 is a Pixie4 (you should have 4 if I read right) 

I assembled my own enclosures , but the board should look the same: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1UKC77y7TysM1zQckH0iFahs22t9i_EE3/view?usp=drive_link

1 hour ago, Orville said:

He is referring to a RED HIGH SPEED ADAPTER, which is required for LOR Pixie Controllers (Pixie2/4/8/16), which require a high speed(500k or 1,000K) and an ENHANCED (ELOR) Network. 

Except that they are now BLACK again and marked High Speed. Red is so 2021.

54 minutes ago, PhilMassey said:

Except that they are now BLACK again and marked High Speed. Red is so 2021.

EDIT: Okay, I see what happened, they still show both, but only the black is available (too bad, I preferred the red one).  I didn't realize the red one had been discontinued.☹️   So I thought both colors were still available.

I did read it, but my vision is so bad, I missed that part of it in the details area.

Original post below prior to edit above.

I thought they were AVAILABLE in either RED or BLACK.  Last time I looked, though it's been a while, they were available in both colors.

Edited by Orville

Ok so i do have the pro i attached a single controller and changed the unit id to match thr sequence but i still get only 10 pixe to show 

Please see the videos and pics of the box i am currently trying to operate

https://photos.app.goo.gl/UQixEFzgESdANPUT9

I set the unit id to 14 and tested to ensure the id is set... Arch a is connected to unit id 14 correct? 

10 minutes ago, rickla hamilton said:

Ok so i do have the pro i attached a single controller and changed the unit id to match thr sequence but i still get only 10 pixe to show 

You might update your forum profile to show PRO so folk know that is now good. (I only know how to use HU in S6)

Did it 'take', the titlebar on the control panel should say Pro now.

Is there 1 Pixie for 4 arches or 4 Pixies?  ID 14,15,16,17  and the 1-8 on the arch is confusing an older AC configuration.  You assign a Base address to a Pixie board, (that is Port 1), the rest of the ports increment automatically. Only your sequence use those ID's and you do NOT ever assign those direct to a board.  If you have 4 @ Pixie 4's, 14 (15,16,17), 18 (19,1A,1B), 1C (1D,1E,1F), 20 (21, 22, 23) Note the Hex numbering

• Thanks 1

So there is 4 arch in total and 3 pixe box... Each pixie has 4 connector

So there is 4 arch in total and 3 pixe box... Each pixie has 4 connector

Each connector is a "Port" or "Output" on a Pixie4, all ID's ARE in HEXADECIMAL

The Ducks post above explained it perfectly.

You CAN NOT USE DECIMAL numbering for Pixie Controllers(or any controllers using the LOR software), the first 9 ID's 01-09 are basically the same in both Hex and Decimal, but the next ID after 09 IS NOT 10!   10 in Hex = 0A  11 = 0B, 12 = 0C, 13 = 0D, 15 = 0E anf 16 = 0F.  10 in Hex is actually = ID 17.

And depending on how many Ports a Pixie has, they will use consectutive ID numbers in Hex, Pixie2 uses 2 ID numbers, Pixie4 uses 4 ID's, Pixie8 uses 8 ID's and Pixie16's use 16 ID's.

Once you give a Pixie controller an ID number, all ports left inherit their ID consecutively from the main ID given it.  These additional ID's ARE NOT CHANGEABLE on Pixies. 

Not all ports have the same ID number, thst is if you gave a Pixie4D a starting ID of 14(hex)  port 2 ID is 15, port3 ID is 16, and port4 ID is 17. 

All ports CAN NOT use ID 14 on a Pixie controller, they are not designed, or set up that way. 

Nor can you have a starting ID for Port1 like 14, and skip to ID 16 for Port2, again, the controller DOES NOT work like that. 

All ID's for ports on Pixies, are consecutive and inherited in numerical(hexadecimal) order from the main ID of the Pixie unit.

Edited by Orville
  • Thanks 1