Light-O-Rama Forums

Updating Sequences with new House/Props

Durty

Hey folks, moved to a new house and have gotten pretty much everything set-up.  Sequences, lights, etc. is all working.

I thought there was a quick and user friendly way to add new props to a previous sequence.  I also thought there was an easy way to change an old prop (i.e. Front Bush 1) to a new prop (i.e. Pillar 1).  But, I'm having a hard time remembering or figuring out how to do it.

As an example, right now I have Wizards of Winter with all my old stuff (using a new picture of my new house).  I have updated the house picture, updated all the props on my new house...I just need to figure out getting those new props put in place of old props on a sequence and adding props from my 2nd controller to the sequence.

Now, I could go individually to each prop (double click) and change the name and/or the ID # and Prop # but was hoping there was a simpler way.  Thanks for any suggestions.

• 2 weeks later...

I work with two displays.  I have a few of the same songs playing on both displays.   I started by making a new preview of the 2nd display using a corresponding background picture and the new props I'm using.   I then load the original sequence and after that, I assign the new preview to the sequence.  If the props are the same name and the same channels I believe they will show up correctly and the data will play correctly.  If the names of the props have changed or the channels are changed, then a window will open showing the differences between the previews.   You will have the option to match props by channel or names.  This should allow the data to be transferred to the new prop.  If they can't be matched, you will need to enter continue and then as the sequence is loaded, the program will let you know what happened with the unmatched data.  Go to the Show All Items view on the sequencer page.  Your old props along with the data will still be there, most likely at the bottom of the sequencer page preceded with "@".   You can then copy and paste by rows to the new props.  Once you are done with moving all the data needed, you can then delete the archived props.  Hope this helps.

Edited by Brad Stucky