Light-O-Rama Forums

not recognizing devices from my computer

Khami601

My programs run fine as far as the show on demand. I have all the boxes hooked up in the sequence that we normally use. I have a pixel tree, then 4 singing trees, then the house eaves back to the main control box. The computer is not recognizing any controllers through advatek. I am getting an E1.31 error but at the end it says connected to com listener. Can anyone help direct me? My dad passed in Februrary and he was my trouble shooter, I was the assembler so I need some help.

thanks, Kathy

Please describe in detail of what is connected to what.  Include IP addresses for the E1.31 stuff and Unit IDs if you have LOR controllers.  A network drawing may even be helpful.  The more information, the better.

Confirm that you are using version 4.3.26.

It is version 4.3.36, ip address 192.168.0.50

I have the LOR cord plugged into the USB and the cat 5 cable plugged into that cord. It goes to the pixel tree and star then to the singing trees and then back to the eaves on the house. This forum doesn't let me send all the pics so I will do follow up responses for you. I have labeled the pics.

image4 - Copy.jpeg

image6 - Copy.jpeg

image4 - Copy.jpeg

image7 - Copy.jpeg

3 minutes ago, Khami601 said:

I have more pics however It is not allowing me to add more. Is there an email I can send them to?

No.   You have to host pictures on a public drive and then paste the share link into your forum post. 

That means upload the photos to something like Google Drive or Dropbox (many others) or a website that you control and then post a link rather than trying to upload photos to the VERY limited storage space on this forum.  You do need to make sure that whatever website you upload photos to has the photos set to be publicly available.

Also, when trying to show something on your computer monitor, please use a screen capture rather than a photo of the monitor.  Makes it FAR easier to read.

• Like 1

I (and lots of other people here) wont touch facecrap, so hopefully someone else will look at your photos.

20 minutes ago, Khami601 said:

There is 1 movie of an AC controller with the LED blinking. That indicates LOR network issues.

Is that on the same Daisy chain as all the others? There may also be speed issues. DMX?, that needs care (and not mixed on the same chain)

It looks like you are trying to run E.131 through the LOR  adapter if this is the case....unplug it now. E.131 is not what you want connected to LOR. 2 different animals.

Ok unplugged, I connect directly from the rj45 jack in my computer to the pixel tree? I am still getting the same error.

E.131 will need set up in your network settings.  I haven't used Lor 4 in years....someone else will need to guide you through that.  You first need to be able to ping the controller using a CMD prompt.  I will let K6ccc guide you. 

1 hour ago, xtremeone said:

It looks like you are trying to run E.131 through the LOR  adapter if this is the case....unplug it now. E.131 is not what you want connected to LOR. 2 different animals.

None of the LOR AC controllers do E.131. Connecting those to an Ethernet port may have caused damage somewhere. I can't answer to those non LOR controllers