Light-O-Rama Forums

One AC controller wont light

ItsMeBobO

Been around a long time.  I think I got my first AC controller in 2007.       Ive been trying to figure this out for 2 weeks but I am out of ideas.   I should be able to resolve,  hanging my head in shame.     First year on S6, which I would like to blame but its probably me. 

I have a bunch of Pixie16D and array of 10 AC controllers daisy chained.    HWU sees all of them and every channel lights when tested.  Steady on led, it IS communicating.    Preview plays.   But controlling lights/playing... nothing on one AC unit.  

Things I have tried.   

Change out the controller for a new one.       nothing on either controller in that spot.

Change the Preview to a different UnitId. 0C -> 10    Preview lights it, but outside nothing on either unit id. 

Triple check the network and unit is right and does HWU see and control it. 

Things I have not tried

Change out the cat5.    HWU sees all of them.  How can it be that?

Create a new preview with just the AC units.

Edited by ItsMeBobO

If the last controllers are in the chain yes the cat cable could be the problem from last good unit to the first bad unit . Do all red LEDs go solid red on good units and blink on bad units?

I run 17 CTB 16 K V7s , reg network, 4 pixies on aux A. I had cat 5 e cables fail. I make my own cables so it was quick to find problems but if your stays LED is solid on when HU finds them and blinking on 2 bad ones that is the problem or IDs are duplicated. I have a cable tester so it makes it easier to check cables. Could be and RJ45 jack too.  

• Like 1

I have a cable tester I can try!    But there are no blinking units ever.   Its solid when it should be playing.   Leads me to believe its a sequence problem.   S6 doesn't report any duplicate channels. 

I think I found the issue!     That one controller had old firmware.   1.06  others 1.08    I think the network speed was too fast just for the old fw one.      I updated all to 1.11 and will check them in the morning.   

IT IS WORKING NOW!     I have had 16 dead channels for two weeks and its been killing me.  I have had bigger issues I had to address first.   

The replacement controller at the new unitId started working when I upgraded the firmware.   Apparently 1.06 cant handle 500k like 1.08 can. 

I have not gone back to look at the original controller to see if it also coincidentally  had old firmware.   Moving on to other issues.    Thanks Marty!