Light-O-Rama Forums

new computer... what settings i gotta change under network settings for ethernet?

irishfaninla

I got a new computer and wondering what settings I gotta change under network settings. I think this is the reason why my lights arent working.  Half of my props are working. I tested the boxes and the lights work in test mode but when i try to preview them it doesnt work, I have control lights highlighted. I ensured all universes are set to the correct ip address and that each box is under normal mode. I run all pixels, I run a ethernet cord from my computer to a switch, from that switch it goes to numerous controller boxes. I am able to ping each box without issues. I suck at sequencing so all i do is copy and paste from a 16ccr sequenced song I paid for until every other prop. 

OK, sounds like you are running all E1.31.  And according to your profile, you are running S6.

On the Networks tab on the Control Panel, each prop or group of props (that are on the same pixel controller), you will define a network.  About the only thing you need to change is the destination IP address and what universes are on that controller - the rest of the defaults are correct.  I HIGHLY recommend adding something in comment box so you can easily tell what it is.  When you look at the list of networks, each one should have a green check mark.  If not, confirm that the IP is right.

I have S6 sequencer 6.2.18 pro.     On the networks tab on control panel each prop is set up with the right universe. I triple checked the boxes, i have green dots for all networks, and I highlight control lights. Only half of my props work. For the props that dont work it shows a green check. I am able to ping and go to the website of the boxes that arent working.  They was working earlier but I was having internet issues. In test mode all of the lights work. I have a cat 5 cable running from my computer to a outside switch. from that switch it feeds all of the boxes 

at first I couldnt get these boxes to work bc i had them 192.168.0.70 and for some reason I Thought this number was to high. I changed all these numbers to .54/.55/.56/57 and it worked for one song and now it doesnt work.