Light-O-Rama Forums

I have some pixels that will not turn on.

RKW Nevada Lights

I think this is a software problem if not I apologize for posting in the wrong place.

I use LOR 6.2.6 to control 3 16 plug LOR enclosers and Holiday Coro AlphaPix Flex Expansion System 1 - 16 plug and 2- long range enclosers with 2 Regular boards containing 8 plugs each.  The problem I'm having is that I have 2 round spinner Props I made with 85 pixels each. I have them plugged into Plug 24 & 29 or universe 27 & 32; they will not light up at all. I can use a separate pixel tester and they work I can also use the light tester in the Alphapix lighting controller and they work but they won't light up with the LOR test lights or the sequencer. I have 2 open plugs in a long range controller but I got the same results. The other problem I'm having is I have a cross with 84 pixels and the 3 pixels will not light using the sequencer or LOR text lights but work with the separate pixel tester.  I hope this makes sense, thanks for any help.

Sorry but I'm not sure what you mean by network page. I looked in control panel I did not see a network page. Here is a screen shot of my AlphaPix lighting control it is only place were I could find something about DMX right.

DMX.png

I opened the LIGHT-O-Rama control Panel and on the left side second Item is Networks. The control that works the pixels is a DMX 1-32 (E1.31). it shows connected, when I click on it. It brings up a EDIT NETWORK box, I don't see anything about a right or left DMX universe range. 

2 minutes ago, RKW Nevada Lights said:

t shows connected, when I click on it. It brings up a EDIT NETWORK box, I don't see anything about a right or left DMX universe range. 

I am not talking left or right directions... right being correct. In the AlphaPix screenshot you have above, outputs 33-48 use universes 33-48. So if you ever used those outputs, you would need to edit your network to include them.

So if the universe range is correct for that network but Control Panel's test light functionality still doesn't test lights, I would ensure the physical connections on the controller board match up with ports. Its certainly possible the wires could be plugged in the wrong but still work fine when using the controller's test light functionality.

Once that all checks out, if you find the sequencer or show does not light up pixels correctly, then check to make sure the props in your preview match your AlphaPix configuration.

I checked all the connections and wires are they are hooked up correctly, everything matches up with the AlphaPix configuration. It is so frustrating that it was working fine one day and not the next day. the props work fine when I test them through the AlphaPix but none of the prop lights work when I use the LOR test lights. 

1 hour ago, RKW Nevada Lights said:

It is so frustrating that it was working fine one day and not the next day. the props work fine when I test them through the AlphaPix but none of the prop lights work when I use the LOR test lights. 

I'll be in a Zoom room for a bit now (15-20 minutes). Might be on later tonight too. Others could be on as well and may be able to help out.

https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=https%3A%2F%2Fus06web.zoom.us%2Fj%2F85784455100%3Fpwd%3Dy6TstZibBWOU7jyKxmbsmIMuTxuVpH.1%26fbclid%3DIwAR2SBocaI1lYrO2_4HNMF9qTncmC1wEvM6HsBxz-IxjXvT4YRSTupVq_FUg&h=AT1JE3ySAS3Dtj1nCJduJ1geTrmAzhIQkwMyfZ_4TQEYL4-pJ6TaDp0gYwon5-EdCvZ2tB9FqnGpltotASbOGvz_dkTSX5N8ZyVCwkn9rGMvDiMLe1Yn4yfaEagkoW5u&__tn__=H-R&c[0]=AT03QJ4xlrUYxkEcrPFQ4yh2n3LgGczJx3aR1-tDOhtPAAqfd5xoC5dTEBzYxS_9Y81vAd9NrijIAo7S82ucGKpymlBETWYtqPnV6iQSNtLVqUYsNJV577q1xFkZpKeRFZDz5bJvw0sc8ODpYJyXShZacnL3ShVE042muOI