Light-O-Rama Forums

Light Delay Issue

GlennT

Had My show up and running great Sunday. When it started last night it was like the lights were on a delay and they were not in sync with the music. Switched power cords (went from 2 circuits to one) Did not seem to make a difference. I switched computer ports and I thought that fixed the problem because everything ran great last night after that. When the show started tonight I am having the same issue. I did add some lights but literally everything I have except my Santa is LED. Could I have it overloaded. I ran the verifier and it came up with no errors and now the little tab for the verifier is not on the control panel, Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Just some more info, when I go to the controller set up and use the light console and turn all the lights on there is about a 3 second delay and they all come on then all go off after a couple of seconds. I have been letting the show play and every once in awhile a few lights will flash and then every once in awhile it will be right with the music for a few seconds,

There's plenty who are better than I at diagnostics but I'll get things started with the basic questions. You are running S6 which is fine. What kind of controllers are you using? AC Conrollers, DC controllers, Pixie, Pixcon, E1.31 and so on? What type of controllers were possibly involved in the delays? In other words, was the delay across the board with everything or only specific controllers. So, assumption here, if you are using AC controllers, therefore a USB to RS485 adapter from LOR and everything associated with that USB adapter are being impacted.....then I would of course be looking at the computer. If so, I suggest that it be placed off-line as in not on the internet. I would also suggest that you turn off the antivirus for it, for the time the show is running.

When you ran the sequencer, I'll ask but I'm sure your response will be that it ran normally. When running the sequencer manually, did you have it control the lights outside? If so, were they in-sync? Next is during that sequencer test, was the audio in sync too?

I am experiencing a similar issue. I have four networks to keep the pixel count more even. When I play in the sequencer controlling lights all works well. When I build my show, check all and get it ready to play, i get stuttering and while my AC controllers are connected, nothing attached to then is working. What could be causing this? I am at wits end tonight.

9 hours ago, jphauck said:

I am experiencing a similar issue. I have four networks to keep the pixel count more even. When I play in the sequencer controlling lights all works well. When I build my show, check all and get it ready to play, i get stuttering and while my AC controllers are connected, nothing attached to then is working. What could be causing this? I am at wits end tonight.

Prior to any diagnostics, I strongly advise insuring your computer software is fully updated and those updates are complete. Always restart the machine following it, so do this during the day, well ahead of your show. Then start figuring out the issue. Get your tests on the show done during the day even though the lights are harder to see. What speed is your LOR network adapter set too via the hardware utility? Does it match the capability of the controllers? Unless you have a gazillion  controllers, probably the basic speed will work but if possible, set them to 115k. Again, test this with the hardware utility.

Next, insure your Antivirus software is disabled and disconnect from the internet. Change to a different USB port for the adapter output and be sure to run the Hardware Utility after so that it finds the adapter properly.

When its having this issue, watch your network status display on the LOR control panel. Is the network dropping connectivity on anything?

In the Newbie forum area, there was a suggestion of bluetooth audio causing issues too, mostly with audio out of sync. Are either of you using bluetooth in anyway? If so, stop, go to wired directly.

16 hours ago, dgrant said:

Prior to any diagnostics, I strongly advise insuring your computer software is fully updated and those updates are complete. Always restart the machine following it, so do this during the day, well ahead of your show. Then start figuring out the issue. Get your tests on the show done during the day even though the lights are harder to see. What speed is your LOR network adapter set too via the hardware utility? Does it match the capability of the controllers? Unless you have a gazillion  controllers, probably the basic speed will work but if possible, set them to 115k. Again, test this with the hardware utility.

Next, insure your Antivirus software is disabled and disconnect from the internet. Change to a different USB port for the adapter output and be sure to run the Hardware Utility after so that it finds the adapter properly.

When its having this issue, watch your network status display on the LOR control panel. Is the network dropping connectivity on anything?

So I was able to resolve this today. It was many issues. But the best suggestion and the one I had forgotten was to simply reboot.

I went through my preview and cleaned up a lot of props and strings i have long since retired. I backed up my sequences in a new and separate folder. 

I opened my preview and removed all unused props.

Then sequence by sequence i cleaned up and dumped all the archived props which afe retained in the back up,That reduced a lot noise. It also slimmed dow then the size of the sequences.  I played them all through the sequencer. I also set the dimming curves on all. I then built and compressed and validated the show files and then got it all ready and turned on the show player and everything improved. I set Reg at 57.6 not enhances iset Auc A with Cosmic floods arf n171k, i split the pixels ecvenly across Aux b and Aux C.allm seems nto be working as expected.

I have sevefal more items to resolved but ir is goijng well  

Edited by jphauck
  • Like 1