Light-O-Rama Forums

Using the Scheduler

TomD

I've been using the scheduler in a basic way, scheduling a Musical show with all of the songs listed in order, and an Animation show before and after the Musical show just to have the lights on for a while. I'm interested in how others are using the scheduler in a creative, outside of the box kind of way. Is anyone doing anything that is out of the ordinary, i.e., different from what I'm describing above? I'm curious if there are things that can be done that many of us are not thinking about.

I do it your way. Some people (with a large catalog of songs) will actually create separate shows with different music sequences and schedule accordingly.

I currently have 3 shows scheduled:

1) "offhours": Music-only (no lights), plays from noon until the lights come on.
2) My 'real' show. Plays continuously during display hours.
3) "Security": Turns on security lighting (via X-10) during the wee hours of the morning.

-Tim

Tim Fischer wrote:

3) "Security": Turns on security lighting (via X-10) during the wee hours of the morning.

Like you, I need to turn on the security (motion-sensor) lighting after the show ends. It was easy to turn off in the regular show, but I had trouble getting it to turn on automatically at the end of the show. One solution is to have a separate show like you did that turns on the X-10 circuit, but I don't like to do that because it makes it difficult to run the hardware utility, etc.

I hear the next version of LOR will have the option to allow channels to remain on at the end of a sequence, but that isn't here yet.

So I found a solution. Of course, I already had a CM11A to allow LOR to control X-10, but I bought a CM15A, because I hear LOR will support it in the future, and it's the upgraded version.

I set a macro in the CM15A that turns on my security lights (channel F-9). This macro is triggered by an off command on channel F-12, which I'm not using for anything else.

Then, in my show's background sequence, I turn F-12 on for the entire show.

When the show ends, LOR will send an off command to channel F-12. This will be received by the CM15A, which will then send an on command to F-9. Problem solved.

Steven One solution is to have a separate show like you did that turns on the X-10 circuit, but I don't like to do that because it makes it difficult to run the hardware utility, etc.

I just disable shows temporarilly if I need to run the HWU...

-Tim

Tim Fischer wrote:

-Tim

I also love this idea, Thanks.