Light-O-Rama Forums

Singing Faces

EWard

Hi.....added two singing faces this year, Felix and Zuzu both Version 1. Have them both set-up and HU identifies them correctly Unit 32 and 36, all lights will light up using the HU tests. In S5 I have set them up using the light o rama online prop import for Version 1 of both sining trees. Props look correct as per the set-up in the book with the 8 pixels set up on the correct portions. Image looks good on the preview in S5 but the lights don't light correct when running the light show. For example, the star on Felix also includes pixel 28, 29, 50, 51, and 52. Similar issues with some mouth and eyes. Zuzu has similar issues. The is no Jumper on the JP5 in either controller.

Any suggestions on where to start?

Unless you bought used or the few sets LOR sold at the last sale you may have V2 faces which would require the V2 import from LOR

Let me know.

JR

No they are V1, they had a sale I assume to clear through old stock.

At least the invoice says they are V1 and the price would have indicated the same

35 minutes ago, EWard said:

No they are V1, they had a sale I assume to clear through old stock.

At least the invoice says they are V1 and the price would have indicated the same

Yes they had some in inventory. Just wanted to ensure you had the correct ones.

is it possible that some of the lights came lose during shipping and you placed them back?

Look at the ones lighting up and see if they can be switched around. I have seen that happen, I have 4 complete sets 2- V1 and 2 -V2 .

Are you using a purchased sequence for testing or are you using a blank gridview and apply lights testing- I recommend this. That way you can isolate and maybe figure out where they are wrong.

People place the nodes , so to error is human. 

JR

There was only one pixel out of place, so I assume I put it back correctly. 

It is a purchased sequence. 

The purchased sequence doesn't have the star for Felix or the bow for Zuzu. In S5 if I colour the star yellow and then run, it light up the star plus the other pixels I mentioned. For the bow on Zuzu part of the bottom is included in the outline.

I have the diagrams. Is there a way to determine what actual pixels match the pixel channels preset in the prop in the preview?

In the Preview the prop lines up with the info on pg 20 of the User Manuel. Each pixel is three circuits. Looks to me like 5, 6, and 7 are correct and the others are off by a few pixels.

2 hours ago, EWard said:

In the Preview the prop lines up with the info on pg 20 of the User Manuel. Each pixel is three circuits. Looks to me like 5, 6, and 7 are correct and the others are off by a few pixels.

They used to send out a sheet that showed each pixel placement and where to skip if replacing. Did you not get the sheet?

JR

7 hours ago, TheDucks said:

Do these use the PROP mode in the Pixie2 (page 20)? You may have the wrong tree set

Yes, you set them up in the HU.  I did that myself, swapped Ralphies Controller for Zuzu's, didn't find out until I went to test them.  Since I had already mounted them to what I thought was their respective trees, just went into HU and set each one up (independantly) for the correct tree it was attached to.

I had very similar issues as to what the OP describes, so I think there is a very good chance they put the wrong controller on the wrong tree.

Fortunately, it IS an easy fix.  Unlike the lights falling out and trying to figure out where they go back in at.

Of course after that mistake their controllers got labeled with which tree it went to.  Now the trees are on my Pixie16D and their controllers are now just spare Pixie2D's for backup use for them, or elsewhere in case of a port failure on the Pixie16.  But I also added 2 Pixie4D's to my Display this year to not overtax the Pixie16D with all the extra lights/props I'm adding to my display.

Edited by Orville

1 hour ago, Orville said:

Yes, you set them up in the HU.  I did that myself, swapped Ralphies Controller for Zuzu's, didn't find out until I went to test them.  Since I had already mounted them to what I thought was their respective trees, just went into HU and set each one up (independantly) for the correct tree it was attached to.

I had very similar issues as to what the OP describes, so I think there is a very good chance they put the wrong controller on the wrong tree.

Fortunately, it IS an easy fix.  Unlike the lights falling out and trying to figure out where they go back in at.

Of course after that mistake their controllers got labeled with which tree it went to.  Now the trees are on my Pixie16D and their controllers are now just spare Pixie2D's for backup use for them, or elsewhere in case of a port failure on the Pixie16.  But I also added 2 Pixie4D's to my Display this year to not overtax the Pixie16D with all the extra lights/props I'm adding to my display.

Thanks Orville......

Just to clarify, it is possible that despite the fact that the controllers are set to the character that if I inadvertently swapped the two controllers during install that could be the issue?

5 hours ago, dibblejr said:

They used to send out a sheet that showed each pixel placement and where to skip if replacing. Did you not get the sheet?

JR

Yes, I have the sheet and placement looks correct as per the numbering on the sheet

42 minutes ago, EWard said:

Thanks Orville......

Just to clarify, it is possible that despite the fact that the controllers are set to the character that if I inadvertently swapped the two controllers during install that could be the issue?

Yes, I have the sheet and placement looks correct as per the numbering on the sheet

So....I went out this morning brushed off the snow and switched the controllers......they work perfectly now. I should have tried that. Appreciate your help!!!!!!!

14 minutes ago, EWard said:

So....I went out this morning brushed off the snow and switched the controllers......they work perfectly now. I should have tried that. Appreciate your help!!!!!!!

Glad it was just a controller swap issue, and they are now workibg as intended!

It's a very easy mistake to make.  Been there, done that😳...didn't buy the T-shirt!🤣🤣🤣

Was going to answer your question, but see that you found the answer to your question, about the controller swap issue that can arise with the singing trees.😉🙂

Edited by Orville

1 hour ago, Orville said:

Glad it was just a controller swap issue, and they are now workibg as intended!

It's a very easy mistake to make.  Been there, done that😳...didn't buy the T-shirt!🤣🤣🤣

Was going to answer your question, but see that you found the answer to your question, about the controller swap issue that can arise with the singing trees.😉🙂

Curious, is it possible to reprogram the controllers versus switching them. I have a backup Pixie2D that I used previously for a star. Just wondering if required in the future if it could be programmed to work with the singing trees?

17 minutes ago, EWard said:

Curious, is it possible to reprogram the controllers versus switching them. I have a backup Pixie2D that I used previously for a star. Just wondering if required in the future if it could be programmed to work with the singing trees?

Yes. If yu go to the HArdware Utility and find the controller then select "Configuration" at the bottom of the screen. Next screen select "Cosmic Color Ribbon/ Pixie Configuration" if the next screen is a small rectangular screen select "advanced " on the bottom left of that rectangle. On the next screen scroll down and you can select the personality. Depending on how old your firmware is you may have to update it. If you do not see the personality,go back and update the fw.

JR

43 minutes ago, EWard said:

Yes, it absolutely can.  Just go into the HU and select the singing tree version you have in the Cosmic Controller Config area.  It's a very simple and easy process.

You can set up any of the singing trees om ANY of the Pixie Controllers: Pixie2/4/8 or 16 will allow you to use/control them.

Edited by Orville