Light-O-Rama Forums

problem with media file in 6.2.18 pro ?

htebault

Suddenly, running the sequence results in "A problem occurred with the media file.

All had been running fine, wtih no errors. Last night was the first - I restarted the computer and it seemed to run. Now it is in fault again.   Tonight is the first music show series...

0xC00D11BA 

Is your media file a video? An mp4a? Or just a normal mp3?

The reason for all the questions is it could be a codec that is having a problem. Even if it’s an MP3, a different codec could be used than my computer for a codec since codecs can be installed separately or with other software.

The media is a mp3 or mp3a music file that I use in the show. The issue in part is they are all existing show files/media files that I've used every show year.  This error report had never been thrown up before.

Now, it had happened twice since I've updated to 6.2.18 . I had found that restarting the system had cleared the fault.  While it mostly works - even last nights show log reported normal during the 6pm=-9pm run except for one error at 6:03 (second sequence) I did not restart - the show simply successfully ran all the other files without fault.

Error  date/time  Media playback error: 0xC00D11B1
Error date/time  ERROR playing Rossetti__Your_a_Mean_One_Mr_Grinch (Media Player error)

Next sequence loaded and ran - as did all others last night.

This is on a Windows 10 pro, with Microsoft current updates - I have used this system annually for the past several years without errors.

That's a Windows Media Player error. Something is competing with it playing. Make sure you have the latest versions installed. SOMETIMES, a virus detection program can cause it as well That can be determined quickly by running the show without the virus program running in the background. You can disable most for a period of time to see if that is causing it. If it keeps happening on that one file, maybe redownload it again, maybe it is sitting on a corrupt segment.

5 hours ago, dgander said:

That's a Windows Media Player error. Something is competing with it playing. Make sure you have the latest versions installed. SOMETIMES, a virus detection program can cause it as well That can be determined quickly by running the show without the virus program running in the background. You can disable most for a period of time to see if that is causing it. If it keeps happening on that one file, maybe redownload it again, maybe it is sitting on a corrupt segment.

Tomorrow I will try that. This system is the one I use every year, this year other than the vendor updates is no different.  Tonite I had tested a sequence before the show and it worked. During the show, on the first music sequence the error occured and then shut down the show. I had to reboot the system to regain operation - but when the schedule ran, it immediately ran music and continues now as I write this. So, Microsoft/McAfee/Lightorama are not playing nice right now, and it does not effect every media file, or at a predictable time... 

I replaced media player, verified Window 10 had no pending updates, reinstalled LOR 6.2.18 using a fresh download and restarted the system. It then error'd again on music - So I changed to a static show for last night. Today, I moved to a backup computer, a old Win7 - I verified windows was up to date, moved the LOR files over, and installed LOR 6.2.18.   So far, no media problems have shown up, so I will run the show on the backup computer.

As best I can understand, it may be a sound-board problem somehow intermittently causing the error... Not sure, but rather than replacing the sound board, it was easier to switch out computers.

I will add to this - Carrie, had this problem... I had this problem on a Windows 10 PC that had 6.1 and ran a show last year and was setup for testing this years show, updated to 6.2.18 and seems to have lost Audio Device.... Windows Media Player reports no audio device found and It blows right through every sequence in the show, with the player log showing that same generic error code... Updating driver found best driver already installed...

On 11/27/2023 at 3:46 PM, Jimehc said:

I will add to this - Carrie, had this problem... I had this problem on a Windows 10 PC that had 6.1 and ran a show last year and was setup for testing this years show, updated to 6.2.18 and seems to have lost Audio Device.... Windows Media Player reports no audio device found and It blows right through every sequence in the show, with the player log showing that same generic error code... Updating driver found best driver already installed...

Sounds exactly like what I saw. I happened to have a WIN 7 computer to move over to - and the shows continue to work properly. I had replaced Media Player, verified all windows updates were current, then also ran "repair" on the LOR program. It ran fine EXCEPT when music would go - then within the first 1-2 music pieces it would report the media failure and stop running shows. I thought it might be a hardware (sound board) problem, but it was simplier to swap computers to get the show running.