Light-O-Rama Forums

Hardware Utility Bug Found

Dennis Cherry

I do not know if this was in any earlier postings.

I am using a Mini Director this year.

I made up a new show last night with all my songs and voice overs to check that they all work fine. Will be using mini programs for the actual shows.

Well the program stopped somewhere, so I reset it and ran for a while and stopped again. Reset the unit and stood out side to see where it was stopping. It took 45 minutes before it stopped on the last song, go figure?

The lights worked but no music, at the end of the sequence nothing, it did not start over again. Changed out the SD card with a backup mini program and started looking over the files on the SD card program in question.

Everything was there and the songs played fine if you clicked on them, except the music file in question,the cursor was acting very choppy but the music played. Then I noticed something unusual, the file size for the last song was 5-6 times larger than the other songs. I went back and brought up the LMS file in "Notepad" and there it was on the first couple of lines of code, the audio file was a "WAV" file.

Loaded the Sequence Editor and changed the audio file to a "MP3" and rebuilt the whole program again with the revised final sequence and now works fine.

So the bug is that the Hardware Utility dose not error check the file extensions and just assumes they are correct. The HU just changed the WAV extension to MP3 and put it on the SD card sound file with the MP3 extension for that song.