Light-O-Rama Forums

Can't connect Controllers

Melissa

I am using app Version 6.1.4 and trying to set up 1 controller, a PRO Series LOR1600Wg3, to start. I have a few of the older controllers with the dials but just working on getting this first one working. 

I have a USB-RS485 Isolated Adapter attached to a USB on my computer. The USB Power is green and the transmit Tx is flashing. The Light O Rama Control panel recognizes the port and network. (I get the green check). I have the speed set to 57.6 and Enhanced Off because of the older boxes that I will be hooking up later.

I click the Configure LOR Controllers button on the CP, the Hardware Utility program opens, the Green checkmark changes to a Red indicator and a popup displays that the network is in use by the Control Panel and .... Would you like the HU to tell the CP to stop using the port?  I select yes. and click refresh on the Select Unit to configure. I get "Found 0 Units".

I don't know how to get past this OR even if I'm following the correct steps. I've reset the controller, changed inputs on the LOR controller, changed out the Cat5, tried a pair of the RF boxes and it's still not recognizing the controller.

K.I.S.S. Don't have anything else LOR running (the message thinks another part: Show Scheduler? is running.)

Now try HU. Is there more than 1 COM in the pulldown list? You may have been using the wrong one to 'refresh' on.

BTW are you still using S3?

Thank you for your response. I do not have anything else running while trying to set up the controller. There is only 1 comm port listed and I verified it in my computer's device manager. I am on Light-O-Rama S6. I didn't realize it had an old version showing. I'm not sure how to change that but I'm on Version 6.1.4

Edited by Melissa
more info

7 minutes ago, Melissa said:

I'm not sure how to change that but I'm on Version 6.1.4

Scroll to the top of the page when your ID shows.  Select that and select Profile.  From there, select Edit Profile (near the upper right corner).  Scroll down to find the version setting.

To easily and really verify your com port is the one showing in the HU, remove the USB RS-485 adapter, now open HU and see what's showing in the com box, if it's still showing that same com port, then the HU is picking up some other com port and that would NOT be your adapter's com port, as it's removed from the computer.

Close HU, reconnect adapter, the com port that shows up(NEW), along with the one that was there in the HU with the adapter unplugged, this new com port should be your adapters com port.

I have 2 adapters, when I open HU, it shows me 3 com ports: 1, 3 and 4, 1 is an internal device(modem I think), 3 is my black regular USB485B adapter, 4 is my red HS USB RS-485 adapter.  If I disconnect the black adapter, HU shows me com 1 and 4, remove red adapter, HU ONLY shows me com 1(which has nothing to do with my LOR adapters).

On every computer I connected an adapter to, the HU has always shown me 1 com port, usually always com 1, and then 2, then 3 com ports, com 1, 3, and 4.

If you don't see a 2nd com port when the adapter gets plugged back in to the computer, I'd wager you need to install or reinstall the FTDI Drivers.

If they aren't there(installed), or possibly got corrupted, the HU won't find them, and won't see your LOR USB adapter, which in turn won't find your controllers.

Seems every time I upgraded my LOR software, I ended up having to  reinstall the FTDI Drivers, as I remember going through this on just about every LOR upgrade I did.

Good luck getting everything working!

Edited by Orville