Light-O-Rama Forums

Video does not display during show

toddm1919

I have several shows that have a mix of sequences that use audio and video as the media file.  The shows will play all the way through with the lights running as they should, but on occasion the video will not be displayed on the screen.  The audio plays and the lights work fine.  I let the show continue, and the next sequence with a video file plays as expected with the video being displayed.  If I play another show with the same files in a different order the video that was not displayed before works and one of the ones that worked correctly before will not be displayed.  In other words it appears that the video that is not displayed is random.  I have switched the video settings from opening the video window for the particular sequence to have the window open during the entire show.

Any thoughts on why this might be happening?

Does the player log show any errors? Are you running with the latest display drivers for your PC?

If you let the show loop through multiple times, does the same sequence have the issue? Does it sometimes play a loop correctly? How many sequences with videos vs. without? Did leaving the video window open the entire show make a difference?

On 11/20/2023 at 7:36 PM, MattBrown said:

Does the player log show any errors?  
NO
Are you running with the latest display drivers for your PC?

YES

If you let the show loop through multiple times, does the same sequence have the issue?

NO

Does it sometimes play a loop correctly

NO.  THERE IS ALWAYS AT LEAST ONE VIDEO THAT IS NOT SEEN ON THE 2ND MONITOR 

How many sequences with videos vs. without?

6 WITH  18 WITHOUT 

Did leaving the video window open the entire show make a difference?

IT APPEARS TO MAKE  IT HAPPEN LESS OFTEN

Answers are above.  Thanks in advance.