Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR II Problem

JohnnyL

hi all, im running LOR II on Vista AMD triple core etc. etc. last year LOR I win XP no problems ever. this year the shows run over an hour and i get an error that says lor mon has stopped working and shutting down. i just re-enable shows and its good for another hour or so...has anyone else experienced this problem? how do i fix this? ver is 2.0.16 thanks John

I have this problem with Vista shutting down something but not always a USB device. I get shutting down messages with my Nero software (not USB) and my Pinnacle TV Center which is a USB device.

I have not had this with issue with LOR and Vista.

I have looked around trying to understand what the message means and why but so far, no answers.

It looks like it's saying that it can't open your comm port.

Is there anything else on your computer that might be trying to use the same comm port that you have told LOR to use?

What is your comm port? Is it a built-in serial port? Or a USB-serial adapter (and if so, what kind)?

Try turning of "user control":

Turn OFF User Account Control:

1. Open Control Panel
  2. Go to User Accounts
  3. Click on Turn User Account Control on or off
  4. Click continue to verify.
  5. De-Select the Use User Account Control (UAC)...
  6. Click OK
  7. Re-start your computer

It is Microsofts way of making your computer secure (goodthing) BUT in some cases too secure to the point it can keep things like a USB printer from communicating with Windows. I had to disable it to use an audio recorder and I have read about printer problems all of which vanished when disabling UAC. Not sure if this is the cure but give it a shot and let us know.

thanks for all of the replies. this was a nasty problem i remedied (sp?) by switching everything to a win2k OS on another machine. the error code i posted came up after removing the usb adapter. so there was no port available (it was late and i was very tired). i think robdaddy is pretty close as it seems to run fine and then it just shuts downand throws up a dialog box saying LORMONITOR has stopped working...all i could do just reenable shows and it ran fine for another hour or so. switching to other machine cured this and has given me peace of mind. thanks again John