Light-O-Rama Forums

Motion effect for whole house quandry.

Obejohnknobe

Greetings everyone!!!

Hope everyone is  on the last part of your Christmas show or completed it.  Also the same for setup

This is my 2nd year toying with motion effects and love how you can layer each prop or all of the props at the same time.  BTW, no where near some of you experts but am steadily learning the ins and outs.

So I am looking for a particular effect on my whole house motion effects for the last part of a song.  The effect is to replicate where snowflakes, or something like it falls from the sky but should look almost like a V pattern to the middle of my display.  After the fall, the snow goes up the same way it came down.  It can be random as far as snowflakes.   Tinkered with some of the effects that comes semi-close but not anywhere near what I am looking for.  Any ideas?????

Do want to thank everyone that has been helping me with past questions!

Thank you all!!

John

I would use The snow flakes effect in the left side window. Set the Mix to " Mixer Rt reveals Lt" then in the right window use the ripple effect setting the count to 1 and then adjust the size and speed as needed. I used the diamond shape moved to the top and got what you described for falling V snow. This looked ok but The snow Motion effect only goes down. For the snow to go both up and down I used the moving shapes effect in the Left window and select the snowflake shape. and then to make the snow go up, I just moved the ripple effect to the bottom and changed the direct on the Moving shapes to what ever worked. I think once you see how the Right reveals Left mixer works you will have no problem getting what you want. Have Fun with it

Kenny

Kenny,

Tried it but part of the diamond would show up at the top extinguishing a few of the props at the top.  Its minor.  The snow going up is a bit tricky but found the hatch pattern seems to help.

Thanks!!

John

• Like 1