Light-O-Rama Forums

Lights do not work in show or test section

GlennT

I have set up the box and adapter and when I I use the configure page and set it up to com 3 I can get the lights to work on the console. When I go into networks to set the adapter to com 3 and keeps giving me a red X and saying verify adapter is plugged in and port is.... Can't get the lights to work in the test lights tab or in the show?

Go into "Device Manager" on your PC

Go down to /Ports and expand if needed

Unplug adapter - Com Port should vanish

plugin Adapter - note COM Port it is using - that is the COM Port # you need to use

It says com3 and it works when I configure it and use it on the console, My understanding is that I have to download it under network to get it to work in the show, correct. That is where I keep getting an error.

Phil, thank you. I actually looked at updates and apparently my firmware needed a reboot in order to update, As soon as I did that everything worked! Doesn't turning things off and back on almost always work. Should have thought of that sooner.

You can assign the USB adapters to any COM (there are 3 letters, not 4: COM, LPT,CON,NUL,CON,AUX from the CP/M-DOS era) in the advanced section of Windows device Manager.

I avoid Com3 as my laptop has a REAL one, the Modem. and others were in use for USB to serial adapters (used to configure server room equipment)

I use COM 10,11,12,13 (Reg AuxA,AuxB,AuxC) Easy to remember when switching computers 🙂 Mark the LOR assignment  on the adapter, it will be reused the next time you attach it to that computer . I make all my computers assign the same COM to that adapter (you add and set 1 at a time the first time)