Light-O-Rama Forums

Network Troubleshooting

Bob Musil

I'm having trouble getting one of my controllers to connect to the network.  My configuration:

LOR1602 Controller. Not sure what version, but still had the dials to set controller number.  Probably got it when I started back in 2007.

USB185B plugged directly into computer USB port.

LOR 6.2.16, Windows 10. Network set to enhanced regular, comm 6, 57.6k

When I power up the controller the status light flashes. When I go to network setup the green connected light is on.

When I go to controller setup the comm is set to 6. When I hit refresh I get 0 units found.

Any suggestions on what I can try to troubleshoot?  I'd hate to have to reconfigure my other controllers and sequences to handle the channels on this one.

That did it!  Thank you very much.

Follow up question: I have used motion effects to instant sequence a few props, and my understanding is that the network has to be set to enhanced to use motion effects.  If I turn on enhanced while sequencing and turn it back off when I am done, will the motion effects still work?

The 185b does not support enhanced networks. You will need a regular LOR high speed adaptor and a latest gen controller in enhanced mode to see motion effects. 

29 minutes ago, Bob Musil said:

That did it!  Thank you very much.

Follow up question: I have used motion effects to instant sequence a few props, and my understanding is that the network has to be set to enhanced to use motion effects.  If I turn on enhanced while sequencing and turn it back off when I am done, will the motion effects still work?

You need 2 networks. 1 with the other without