Light-O-Rama Forums

Mobile App Display number changing

k6ccc

This is almost certainly going to be a Matt question.  When I started using s6, I found an absolutely horrible reliability to connect via the mobile app.  I finally figured out why the phone app could not connect - the Mobile App Display number setting in the S6 Control Panel kept changing.  What I was finding was that any time I updated to a new software version, restarted the computer, or even exited and restarted the Control Panel, the Display number may or may not change.  I'm pretty sure this is related to how I have my networking setup, so let me explain that.  I have three computers at the house with LOR software installed (with intended display number):  1)  File server (runs the landscape lighting during the off season), 2) Show computer (runs the Halloween and Christmas shows), 3) Family Room PC (almost all sequencing is done on this computer, but it never controls the shows).  All three computer have the LOR file system set to L:\ which is actually a mapped network drive on the file server.  I am suspecting that the Display number setting is being saved somewhere in the file system and most likely which ever computer last set the display number writes something to a file and any time any of the computers starts the Control Panel, it reads that file and sets the Display number.

So first of all, is my file assumption correct, and is there a work around?

In the Light-O-Rama folder (L:\ in your case), under the CommonData directory, there is a file named TraySettings.json. This file contains a JSON object with a member named "DisplayNumber" that is a number.

Yep, there it is.  Looks like that's just gonna be one that I have to remember to check / reset any time I start the Control Panel...

4 hours ago, k6ccc said:

Yep, there it is.  Looks like that's just gonna be one that I have to remember to check / reset any time I start the Control Panel...

Couldn't you just write a .BATch file for each computer, so when you start the control panel, the  BATch file could rewrite the display number file with the number you want it to be set too each time?

Been many years since I wrote .BATch files(DOS and Windows earlier versions), but seems this should be possible, unless something has drastically changed in using them.