Light-O-Rama Forums

Transmitter question

kctarboosh

So this is our first show.  So maybe a silly question, but we were fi Islington set last Saturday and had transmitter going.  Then last neeef we went to do a trial run and transmitter had reset its frequency and maxed our the line and mic settings.  I have the transmitter/director box light o rama made.  Is there something I need to do or look at to fix so I don't lose programming.  I'd like the director to come on each night with the photo cell switch that runs everything. 

Thanks ryan

Hey Ryan, Most FM Transmitters remember the last settings. Just read the manual for yours and see what it says. If you tell us which one you have, it might help us, help you

I have the transmitter in picture that came In my pre-assembled controller box from light o rama.  I plugged it in overnight checked this afternoon and it did something and reset everything.  I don't want to leave power to the director box all the time.  It looks like they assembled a battery backup fir when power goes down but not 100% sure what they have

Screenshot_20231115_213213_Chrome.jpg

I do not recall if the Transmitter "Resets" after a power failure... It does take 3 Batteries in the back... But with all that said once the power to the Director goes off, the Transmitter goes into Battery Mode, so you end up having to replace the batteries often... So the suggested solution is the leave the "Director" connected to the Controller to get it's power and use the Accessory Wall Pack (5v USB Phone Charger) to power the Transmitter...

Edited by Jimehc

I keep my transmitter plugged in to power the whole season. It doesn't hurt it and will keep all your settings. I had the exact same one 2 years ago and like Jimehc said, it should keep the settings when you turn off the device if your batteries are fresh. I actually changed last year though to one that has knobs to control volume so that part always comes back correctly.

Same here.  My FM transmitter is powered up as much as three weeks before opening night, and stays powered until the show is shot down in early January.  I run Zara Radio with music and announcements about my show from the time it is powered until the opening and then music and different announcements during non-show hours. I use a different transmitter and have never had it lose the frequency setting.

So I came home tonight to wire it direct and it won't even power up.  Looks like my transmitter is faulting some how.  That stinks haven't even ran 1 show with it and it's broken.  

Suggest don't replace it with another "Whole Room" transmitter.  Do an Amazon search for:  cze05b

Lots of choices

5 hours ago, k6ccc said:

Suggest don't replace it with another "Whole Room" transmitter.  Do an Amazon search for:  cze05b

Lots of choices

I just ordered one.  When looking for this one a little while back, couldn't find one for sake anywhere, not even on their website   sold out everywhere, glad I got one to replace my old MBB 4000 xmtr.  Bought a different and newer MBB Xmtr, but after a few months, the freq buttons and power button hang up in the recesses (get stuck and won't come out without using a tool to pop the button back out) rendering it unusable.  I think this one was numbered MBB 1000 (will have to check the model, it's currently in a box outside) don't buy the MBB 1000, it's junk!

Sure glad I have the CZE-05B coming now, this is the one I really wanted, but not knowing if it would be available(checked for almost 3 months straight, always out).  So, I bought another MBB, first one was great for many years, however the newest MBB, as stated, it's junk!

The MBB 1000 is a V-6000, like said, wasn't sure of the model # at time of my post above.  Will have my cze-05b on Sunday 11/19/2023 at some point, looking forward to this FM Transmitter!

If the MBB V-6000 didn't have issues with the buttons getting stuck down, it would have been a nice unit.  It's extremely small, just a tad smaller than a pack of cigarettes.  So it takes up very little space.

But because of the button issues, it's not worth the price or the aggravation.