Light-O-Rama Forums

programs to edit video for internet??

cvlrs2000

I am looking for a program to edit some video and put it on the internet. Does anyone have any ideas??? thanks for your help. Lights are on and no major problems as of yet.

thanks

Jeremy

I just ordered Sony Movie Studio Platinum from newEgg - there's a $40 rebate ending today. So I just made the cutoff.

After comparing it with Vegas Pro 8, I couldn't see a tremendous amount of differences. It seemed the Movie Studio might have included some other apps like CineScore and soundFX that the Vegas Pro 8 didn't. For the $300 some difference I opted for Movie Studio Platinum Pro Pack.

Now I can finally edit my HiDef camera footage! I was using my small photo camera to produce the first movie I did. Which actually wasn't terrible.

mcascio wrote:

I just ordered Sony Movie Studio Platinum from newEgg - there's a $40 rebate ending today. So I just made the cutoff.

After comparing it with Vegas Pro 8, I couldn't see a tremendous amount of differences. It seemed the Movie Studio might have included some other apps like CineScore and soundFX that the Vegas Pro 8 didn't. For the $300 some difference I opted for Movie Studio Platinum Pro Pack.

Now I can finally edit my HiDef camera footage! I was using my small photo camera to produce the first movie I did. Which actually wasn't terrible.

Where did you get the $300 difference? Sony Movie Studio Platinum is Vegas 9. So yea it is going to be pretty much the same as Vegas 8 just with a few more features and extras.

Ah yea Vegas Pro is expensive, you don't need that anyways unless that is your profession. I have the same one you have. SONY Vegas Movie Studio Platinum 9, which I had Vegas 8 last year and yea you are right there is pretty much no difference but it is a very good program though. You can get Vega 8 for real cheap right now.

Texan78 wrote:

Ah yea Vegas Pro is expensive, you don't need that anyways unless that is your profession. I have the same one you have. SONY Vegas Movie Studio Platinum 9, which I had Vegas 8 last year and yea you are right there is pretty much no difference but it is a very good program though. You can get Vega 8 for real cheap right now.

I used to do Video Production but I've been out of the loop for quite a while in order to do Home Automation instead. It's amazing what you can do with software today - similar software 10 years ago cost me about $15k. :) I guess that's technology. :)

Thanks for clearing things up.

• 2 weeks later...

Do not, by all means, use Nero ver 9. There are a lot of people complaining about it in many aspects.

I have it and hate it. I'm about to purchase another video editing software......

Stan