Light-O-Rama Forums

Small annoying problem

toymakr000

I have an issue withe the sequence editor playback when controlling the lights. When I play an animation of my megatree. green 8 channels then red 8 channels then white 8 and then blue 8. a slight fade between colors. I did this in a 1 minute animation. Then I told the sequence editor to repeat forever. It works great the first minute then it gets all confused. It almost appears as though there are two animations running at the same time after the 1st minute. Two colors come on simultaneously but the animation is only calling for one at a time. I do an animation like this to debug and setup the channels. This is a little difficult when 2 colors are coming on simultaneously.

Has anyone seen this before?
Is there a fix?

I had a similar problem this year during testing. One 1602 Showtime box and the other on a PC card.

Have you ever used this card in a standalone mode?

Turns out I had forgotten that for Halloween I had downloaded standalone animations into these two units.

The PC card was supposed to be running 16 channels of red for the mega tree, but channels 1 -6 kept repeating themselves in a loop. Sent the PC board a remove standalone sequence command, and the mega tree worked like it was supposed to.

Then noticed the lights on the Showtime box were acting weird. Sent it the clear sequence command and now all is well.

Something to check as a possibility.

Bob yes i can send you a copy. It has since been modified. If I run it in a show through the scheduler it works fine. It only has a problem when I run it in the sequence editor and control the lights.
I don't have the file here at work but I'll try to send it to you in the next couple of days. My "show computer is not "allowed" on the internet;)

toymakr000 wrote:

John There are 2 cards involved and they are new and never had a standalone animation loaded.

OK Gary. My situation had me stumped for awhile until I remembered Halloween.

Sounds like Bob will be able to get you a "real" answer. :)

i am having a similar problem i have 2 pc boards they are hooked up with Easy light linkers the one controller is using a 10 foot cable the other is using a 50 foot cable

lor controller -------10 foot cabel ------- ELL -----------50 foot cabel----------lor controller

freq 10

speed 57600

power is 15dbm

frimware 2.8

when i play a sequence it works at first for about 1 minute then it turn's the wronge lights on at the wronge time

it worked nicely the other nights I tried it but the past three nights it acts up

like for instance

blue christmas i had it set up for when he says blue only blue lights turn on but later on in the song diffrent lights turn on and it did for other songs as well :?

I found the problem I lowered the power on both easy light linkers and it fixed it

hopefully

toymaker000 can fix his problem

maby not I noticed that the light on the controllers are steady but the bling frequently thay may be steady for 15 seconds then blink then steady then blink and so on

is there any thing i can do

toymakr000 i have an idea i pulled the jumper pins off the controller and pluged them in leds were rapidly blinking powered them down put the pins in lost one pin luckly i had spares anyway i think it fixed the problem

try reseting your controllers it might take care of your problem