Light-O-Rama Forums

how to set up a custom wreath

Sterling

I bought a DIY wreath from a neighbor.  He was working on previous versions of LOR.  From what I have it looks like he just set up the wreath in lines.  I would like to make it look like a wreath in my preview.  Attached is a pic and specs of the network.  I did a custom shape.  The lights are AC on two 16 channel LOR controllers.   05.1-16 and 06.1-16.  There are 8 segments to the wreath.  Each segment has 4 strands.   The first strand is Red, second is Green....  RGBW.  

By the way it is fantastic!  7 ft wide!  Screen in the middle for video.   I love it.  I just need to figure out how to make it work in LOR.  I will attach 3 screen shots.  My thought was to have a custom layout of 4 rows, 5 lights per each color in each section for a total of 160.  I really isn't that but thought since it is just AC strands it would work.  I thought I could just specify 5 lights per color/circuit it would control and display correctly.  But I can't figure out how to do that.  So I am looking for help.  What is the best way to make this work?   Thanks!   

wreath prop def.jp2 wreath custom.jp2 wreath layout.jp2

Can you redo your image files into a non proprietary format?

Note, one of my standard statements is that there is almost zero need for a prop in the Preview to actually look like the actual prop.  As long as YOU know that some blob is actually the "whatever it is" prop, you are good to go.  If it were me, I would just have built the preview with an wreath with 8 segments, 1 light per segment, one channel per color with the 4 colors.

38 minutes ago, dgander said:

Those are OLD jpeg 2000 format files. I converted them for everyonewreathpropdef.thumb.jpg.5b49704c014f86e4f15d4387c77288b6.jpg

thanks!  I was about to look at this.   ya, I didn't even think about that... I just saw jpeg lol.  It was the easiest way to get it under 50kb.   

2 hours ago, k6ccc said:

Note, one of my standard statements is that there is almost zero need for a prop in the Preview to actually look like the actual prop.  As long as YOU know that some blob is actually the "whatever it is" prop, you are good to go.  If it were me, I would just have built the preview with an wreath with 8 segments, 1 light per segment, one channel per color with the 4 colors.

I hear that... ya I might try that... I just wanted it in a wreath like shape so I could see the colors and the motion around the wreath as you can see chases etc.   Still have to figure out how to set that up....