Light-O-Rama Forums

SD Card

Barlow Grove

I have S6 suite, and I have a few SD cards I purchased from light- o-rama plus few sequences stored in my laptop.  I am using a show computer to run my show. I would like to take the sequencies i like the best and place them on one SD card.  I have a SD card reader in my laptop so i believe i can copy them to a new SD card.  However, my question is how large of a SD card can I use?

When you say "show computer" do you mean a Windows PC or an LOR Director/Mini-Director? An LOR Director can use cards up to 32 GB in size, but really any sequences + music will take less than 1 GB.

Also, are you just trying to make a backup or do you want to play them from the card? If you want to play them from a LOR/mini director stand alone, use a kensington brand and anything like 4GB to 32GB should be fine. If it is for backup, I personally wouldn't use an SD card as my primary backup, I would use a cloud service such as Google Drive or something similar. The SD Card would be an OK secondary one and wouldn't have a limit to size for BU except for what your reader can handle.