Light-O-Rama Forums

S6 Sequence Editor V6.2.16 pro not always adding effects in create mode

lightningrod4life

I thought I would post and see if perhaps it is just me, or if others have had issues when in create mode to add effects to a sequence , the editor does not always add the effect with your first attempt or click into your timing grid to do so? I have had several instances tonight while sequencing just regular channels(non pixels) that the desired effect (in this instance has been a fade or just on/off) will not take the first time and sometimes I have to do multiple clicks before it will. thought I would post to again see if it is just me or what might be up in this case? 

FWIW, you may be running into an issue that was just fixed in 6.2.16. Its been there for a while (I remember having it with S5) and quite happy it is now fixed. It would end up inserting an effect on the wrong prop. What made it tricky is the correct effect would show up in the effect edit window, but when saved, it would be modified on the wrong prop/motion effect row. I just learned over time to not move my mouse until the window showed.

https://www1.lightorama.com/help/whats_new.htm#6-2-16
Bug fix: right after double-clicking on an effect in the sequence grid, if you moved the mouse over a different grid cell, the wrong grid cell could be modified.

On 11/4/2023 at 4:06 PM, MattBrown said:

Try making the double-click speed setting for your mouse faster. See the "Double-Click Method" topic on this help page:

https://www1.lightorama.com/downloads/6.2.16/help/editing_preferences.htm

I just adjusted my mouse double click settings and it still seems to be doing the same thing. I am I mistaken that it should create the effect when I click on a specific cell in a grid/on the channel as long as I am in create mode? I just went through and applied the fade up effect just for testing purposes to about 20 channels, and I would say 2/3 applied the effect on the first click, others it was a second and some it was even a third click before the effect applied successfully. 

Top Left Hand Corner (Green Check Mark) usually Rendering... Click it to "Pause" Rendering until your done editing the sequence... My guess is that it is rendering the prior effect as you are creating new effects - so the New Effect Creation is slow to que

Edited by Jimehc

Well, unfortunately I dont think that particular issue is resolved for me. I thought between pausing the rendering and the accelerated graphics removed maybe it would help but it is still not always applying the effect resulting in me needing to click to apply it upwards of 3 sometimes even 4 times. I have caught a few times that It is my fault because I click back to select instead of create mode but majority of the time it is not. Open to any other suggestions. 

I can replicate that, but only when I am creating effects very, very quickly -- quicker than I can think about what I am creating. Try setting your mouse double-click speed even faster.

There are 2 other ways of creating effects that you might consider:

1. Leave "On Mouse Click" set to Select. Select an area, then right-click and use the pop-up menu.
  2. Use keyboard shortcuts. There are lots of them and they can be customized. https://www1.lightorama.com/downloads/6.2.18/help/keyboard_shortcut_summary.htm

Personally, I use keyboard shortcuts for traditional channels and the right-click menu for motion rows.

1 hour ago, MattBrown said:

I can replicate that, but only when I am creating effects very, very quickly -- quicker than I can think about what I am creating. Try setting your mouse double-click speed even faster.

There are 2 other ways of creating effects that you might consider:

1. Leave "On Mouse Click" set to Select. Select an area, then right-click and use the pop-up menu.
  2. Use keyboard shortcuts. There are lots of them and they can be customized. https://www1.lightorama.com/downloads/6.2.18/help/keyboard_shortcut_summary.htm

Personally, I use keyboard shortcuts for traditional channels and the right-click menu for motion rows.

Matt, this is an interesting synopsis to me. As I am not creating effects on elements in any super turbo speed or anything, I'd like to think it is the same speed I have always done. One thing ive wondered a time or two is how resource heavy is the S6 sequencer- any idea? As I have checked task manager multiple times and I do not see anything that shows it is taxed significantly when it comes to hardware to effect the S6 performance. I appreciate the keyboard short cut link, using the short cuts seems to be working much better than the click method did in create mode.