Light-O-Rama Forums

S6 Sequence Editor Not Responding (v6.2.16 Pro)

jrcarlton

The S6 Sequence Editor (v6.2.16 Pro) is Not Responding—all other functions of the software work.

The sequence editor works on the computer running my show, but I cannot get it to start on the computer that I primarily use to edit my sequences.

I'm at a loss. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Does the Sequencer get part way through startup and then stop responding? If so, what is the last thing you saw on the screen? There should also be log file at "\Light-O-Rama\Logs\LORSequencer-trace.txt" (there are actually 3 files - one with no suffix, one that ends with a "1", and one that ends with a "2"). Is there a log file with a timestamp that corresponds with when you started the Sequencer? What are the last entries in the file? What was the last version of the Sequencer that ran successfully on that computer?

Thanks for the response!

The Sequencer gets as far as below and then freezes:

2023-10-30T17:11:22.7958994-04:00    INFO    [LightORama.Sequencer.Form1]    [0]    Allocated memory: 1,889,688
2023-10-30T17:11:22.7962361-04:00    INFO    [LightORama.Sequencer.Form1]    [0]    UpdateMRUMenu: 
2023-10-30T17:11:22.7985518-04:00    INFO    [LightORama.Sequencer.StartPage_Control]    [0]    UpdateMRU start
2023-10-30T17:11:22.8257654-04:00    INFO    [LightORama.Sequencer.StartPage_Control]    [0]    UpdateMRU finish

The version I ran last year was 6.1.6 Pro; I couldn't get it to start this year and ran the update in the event there was a bug fix I missed.  I did roll it back to 6.1.6, but it still wouldn't start.  So ... I reinstalled 6.2.16

I figured it out!!! I selected "Run as Administrator" and it started! Now I just need to figure out how to make it permanently "run as administrator"

6 minutes ago, jrcarlton said:

I figured it out!!! I selected "Run as Administrator" and it started! Now I just need to figure out how to make it permanently "run as administrator"

Find the Sequencer program (LORSequencer.exe) in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Light-O-Rama\". Right-click on the file and select Properties from the menu. In the Compatibility tab check the box for "Run the program as an administrator".

Please disregard.  I will communicate via the help desk ticket.

previeweditor2023-10-31153357.thumb.png.c21f5250f281c4f69116d0251a7af09c.png

Edited by PixelsUpNorth
realized my problem is not quite the same as the original poster

On 10/31/2023 at 6:54 PM, PixelsUpNorth said:

Is your sequencer going non respondent and closing out when trying to look at prop definitions? Is so, what version of the software are you running? I tried running S6.2.16 and it does the same thing your picture shows. S6.2.14 runs [erfectly fine on mine. Post back if LOR finds a solution. 

Hardware accelerated graphics was added to the Prop Definition screen in version 6.2.16. This seems to cause issues with second gen Intel Core processors with onboard graphics. In version 6.2.18 there will be an option to turn off accelerated graphics under Tools > Sequencer Preferences > Startup tab.

I'm having the same issue :( any timeline on the software update to patch it by chance?

On 11/4/2023 at 9:49 AM, jstein said:

I'm having the same issue :( any timeline on the software update to patch it by chance?

Have you tried the update yet?? Mine just crashed and I lost my whole preview (grr) 😔

5 hours ago, lightningrod4life said:

Have you tried the update yet?? Mine just crashed and I lost my whole preview (grr) 😔

I updated yesterday and mine works. Did you turn off hardware accelerated graphics? Open a sequence. Then go to Tools > Sequence Preferences > Startup Tab and turn off use accelerated graphics. Do that before opening the preview. 

Edited by wicket82
Added more info

3 hours ago, wicket82 said:

I updated yesterday and mine works. Did you turn off hardware accelerated graphics? Open a sequence. Then go to Tools > Sequence Preferences > Startup Tab and turn off use accelerated graphics. Do that before opening the preview. 

I haven't tried to do anything further with it yet after it crashed and I lost the entire thing, and it was actually looking close to the way my display is going to layout too. There isn't anywhere that has a temporary storage spot in the event of a crash is there to possibly revert back to? I don't believe there is but just thought I would ask in case someone knew of something, because that was extremely frustrating. And unfortunately I am unfamiliar with how to save the preview, in a major learning curve with S6. 

2 hours ago, lightningrod4life said:

And unfortunately I am unfamiliar with how to save the preview,

In your LOR file structure, there is a directory called "CommonData".  The preview are in a fill called "LORPreviews.xml"  There is also a LORPreviews.xml.bak" that should be the previous version of the Previews.

Just your sequencing data should be backed up, so should the CommonData directory.

You can also export your Preview using the Export button at the top of the preview tab to the left of the Sequencer window. That way you can save it with a name that makes sense to you.

5 hours ago, k6ccc said:

In your LOR file structure, there is a directory called "CommonData".  The preview are in a fill called "LORPreviews.xml"  There is also a LORPreviews.xml.bak" that should be the previous version of the Previews.

Just your sequencing data should be backed up, so should the CommonData directory.

I wish I had known this this morning before I started to recreate what I had lost. But at this time I am almost back to where I was at before it crashed and burned, with the accelerated graphic turned off it seems to be working better thus far. 

10 hours ago, wicket82 said:

I started rebuilding the preview this morning before work, and so far this update seems to have helped performance thus far, we will see if that continues or not. 

3 hours ago, PhilMassey said:

You can also export your Preview using the Export button at the top of the preview tab to the left of the Sequencer window. That way you can save it with a name that makes sense to you.

I would assume the export lets you do so, so you can import it into other sequences that you create? 

12 minutes ago, lightningrod4life said:

I would assume the export lets you do so, so you can import it into other sequences that you create? 

True but the preferred way is to use Assign Different  Preview in the Sequencer/ Sequence menu.

21 minutes ago, lightningrod4life said:

More commonly you would use export and import to move it to a different computer.

14 hours ago, wicket82 said:

That fixed my tonight as well! Took me a few minutes to remember what I needed to do though 😂