Light-O-Rama Forums

How do I randomly cycle through colors on pixels?

sodajosh

I have 21 trees around my property, and when my show isn’t running, I play a basic animation. Is there a prebuilt effect to select a tree in the sequencer, grab a 5 minute timeframe, and just have the pixels randomly change colors every 5-10 seconds? So far I’ve only been able to use Colorwash transition manually every 5 seconds, but I figured I’d ask if there was an easier way.

First year on pixels, go easy on me!

27 minutes ago, sodajosh said:

I have 21 trees around my property, and when my show isn’t running, I play a basic animation. Is there a prebuilt effect to select a tree in the sequencer, grab a 5 minute timeframe, and just have the pixels randomly change colors every 5-10 seconds? So far I’ve only been able to use Colorwash transition manually every 5 seconds, but I figured I’d ask if there was an easier way.

First year on pixels, go easy on me!

Are you using pixie controllers or pixcon? If so have you run the self test on controllers?

Pretty much you're going to have to sequence it.  Note that whatever you do, it won't really be random.  What I mean by that is that the sequence will always play the same thing - in other words for example if a certain tree is green at 3:22, it will always be green at 3:22.  However, no one except you will notice that...

When you sequence it, you can make it pretty random looking however.