Light-O-Rama Forums

Newbie in distress !!

FastCarManiac

Hello everyone. I finally decided to make the jump into LOR. One major problem is I literally have no clue what I am doing. I figured that I would be able to figure things out pretty easily, but i was sorely mistaken. I did not realize how expensive it is (after the initial purchase of the unit and software) to actually be able to put on a light show. Besides all that, I am having major issues with finding any information on how to even use the software. If there is anybody who can help me get started or even point me in the right direction on how to get started, that would be greatly appreciated. I've put hours into YouTube but it seems most of the videos are outdated or are above my newbie skill level. Thank you all in advance for you help with this.

Residential Series 16 Channel Starter Package with the basic software is what I have purchased.

At the top of any forum page, look for the blue bar that starts: "Browse"  "New Content", etc.  Click on "FAQ's - **LOOK HERE**" (may have to select "More" to see it).  Select "Typical Setups" and "Video Tutorials".

Also, after watching some of the basic tutorials, you may want to invest in a few sequences from LOR so you can see how they are done and get you started since there isn't much time to sequence since you are new. Never a bad choice to see what others have done as examples.