Light-O-Rama Forums

RGB Flood light color

Maine Lights

In the past for Christmas shows I have only used red, green and white for my show. Not that I am doing a Halloween show I want to have the rgb floods put out orange and purple but am having a hard time in SE finding out how to do this. Does anyone have any tips to having their floods just display orange or purple? Thanks in advance 

Confirming you are using S3?  Have not used that in MANY years, so let's see if I can remember how in that old of software...

Orange is red with a small amount of green.  Exactly how much green depends on what shade of orange you want.  Purple is 100% red and blue for a lavender shade and less red for a deeper purple.

To set that in Sequence Editor, expand the RGB so you get the three primary colors and set the levels for the percentages desired.  DO NOT depend on what the color looks like on screen, test with the actual lights (preferably in the place where they will be installed) to get the color you want.  Once you have the colors you want, record that somewhere for future reference.

Thanks for the info. I guess the part I am stumbling on is where to set the percentages for each primary color 

Sorry, too long since I used S3 or S4 and it's a bit different in S6.  Should be in the help...

Or someone else who still uses really old software can answer (there are quite a few S4 users still around).

In sequence editor on the top row click on the "color fade" button (blue arrow). The "color fade" box will open (red arrow), then click on the choose button in the box and a color chart will open. Then all you have to do is select you color from the chart.

Screenshot.jpg

I would caution that whatever color you choose in the sequencer may not produce the color expected at the RGB flood.  It may appear "orange" in the sequencer, but could come out a different shade at the flood (chip, manufacturer, age, background of item being lit, etc.).  I found the best way to get my desired orange was to use the HW utility with the controller/flood and play with the percentages on the channel aimed at the surface being lit.  Then apply those percentages in the sequencer.  As an example, my LOR 10W floods have different settings then my LOR 50W floods, which have different settings from my HolidayCoro dumb RGB strips.

Edited by hasslerk
typo

4 minutes ago, hasslerk said:

I would caution that whatever color you choose in the sequencer may not produce the color expected at the RGB flood. 

Agreed 100%  Hence my comment yesterday about testing with the lights as they will be used..

• Like 1