Light-O-Rama Forums

Extending Zip Cord With a 2nd Zip Cord to Reach Controller

Yodlei

Don't see why this would be a problem but then again, I'm not an electrician. Made my zips too short to 1 of my HC Singing Monsters. Everything is all hung & tied up when I found this & don't want to take it down. Sooo can I make some 3' zips to extend my existing zips to reach the controller? All LEDs.

Thx!

7 hours ago, Yodlei said:

Don't see why this would be a problem but then again, I'm not an electrician. Made my zips too short to 1 of my HC Singing Monsters. Everything is all hung & tied up when I found this & don't want to take it down. Sooo can I make some 3' zips to extend my existing zips to reach the controller? All LEDs.

Thx!

Just protect the mid point connection from weather (puddles).

Tip: I write the length of a cord on the Plugs side.

Me, I'd just create a 2nd zip cord with male and female plug ends.  Just keep the one plug connection off the ground and you should be fine.  This would be much essier than cutting and splicing the cutrrnt wire setup.

Just how I'd do it  then after the season, I'd rebuild the zip cord from the prop the correct length needed.

I just prefer to do it the easiest way possible, and too me constructing a short version cord to mate with the existing prop, that would be the best way to do it.(my opinion, YMMV).

Sorry for the delay & all is well with the zips. Made extensions & are under an overhang & 3' off the ground.

Thanks much....all 3 of you!!

• Like 1