Light-O-Rama Forums

SD card audio not found

AllAmericanJock

I have been trying over and over again to load a sequence on a sd card and it keeps saying audio not found. I have put the correct mp3 in the correct audio folder, but still says audio not found. The sequences were custom made for me. They will run in the preview with the audio, but can't get the sequence and audio file to load correctly on the SD card. 

I am using the pro version of the software. Does the version of the software version matter to the custom sequence made? 

If need can post a screen shot of what it says when loading on to the SD card. 

It's extremely frustrating because no matter where I put the mp3 file, the same thing happens. 

Any advice, input or idea's would be extremely helpful. 

Open the sequence in the sequencer and find the media option, click on it, this will show where the sequence IS looking for the MP3 file. 

It doesn't matter where the MP3 file is located, what matters is the sequence itself needs to know EXACTLY where to find it.

Once you find where the sequence is looking for the MP3, you can either create a directory where the sequence is looking at and put the MP3 file there. 

Or just browse while in the media area to the correct directory where the MP3 file is located, select the MP3 file, then Save the sequence and you should be set.

Edited by Orville

@Orville does the add place a copy in the Light-O-Rama  users folder? (where sequence folder is)? (I don't use audio in my display)

I would make a folder there and place it there JUST SO Backup is a 1 stop process

I keep all of mine in the audio folder off of the LOR main directory. But as he mentioned, you can always open up the sequence, go to media and even bring it back from the folder that you have it in currently. The sequence will save with that path and then hub will find it. My guess is that the person who created it had it in a different directory and the sequence isn't syncing correctly. Though, I would think if that was the case you would get the audio not found when you open the sequence. I guess if you just put the sequence file and audio file in your preferred directories and went right to hub to create, that would show. I always open up any new sequence in sequencer first before I start hub to make sure everything is there and plays in the preview 

4 hours ago, TheDucks said:

@Orville does the add place a copy in the Light-O-Rama  users folder? (where sequence folder is)? (I don't use audio in my display)

I would make a folder there and place it there JUST SO Backup is a 1 stop process

No, you have to physically move the audio file.  The sequence media just remarries the audio from the directory you point it at. 

Would be nice if it did move it to the default audio folder, but that wouldn't work for me.

All my MP3 Files are either sorted by Genre, Artist(when known), or in specific folders for Holidays (Christmas, Halloween, Easter, ,etc.).

As a habit, I always keep my purchased music for my shows in the Windows audio folder, and when I export it from Audacity (to get a constant 128 kbit rate), I export them to the LOR Audio folder.

1 hour ago, hasslerk said:

As a habit, I always keep my purchased music for my shows in the Windows audio folder, and when I export it from Audacity (to get a constant 128 kbit rate), I export them to the LOR Audio folder.

98% of my purchased music is ripped from CD's I own from years back, and most recent CD's.  Only about 2% is purchased online as single MP3 files.

I use an N4-G4 Director and all my MP3 files are set at 320K, CBR been using this setting for 2 years now.  Haven't had a single problem with any of my MP3's with this setting on my N4-G4 Director.

• Like 1