Light-O-Rama Forums

Pixel8 Matrix Lost on how to set up prop

Sterling

I have a pixel8 and 800 RGB bullets  I put together 2 2'x8' Boscoyo Monster Matrix.  I went every other hole/row.  It ends a little short but only 2 lights over the end of a row.  I have 100 lights per channel for 8 channels.   I tried a couple of prop definitions and ended up with a custom prop definition below.  It is only lighting the top half of the prop.  I am out of things to try and normally I can figure these things out!  lol. My first year with RGB.  So I am just missing something.  Can anyone point me in the right direction or did I set up the lights in the matrix completely wrong?  

6.2.14 Pro

Thanks!  Greg

Remotepc 2023-10-14 05.50.06 PM.jpg

Edited by Sterling
topic and attachment fix

• The title was changed to Pixel8 Matrix Lost on how to set up prop
3 hours ago, Sterling said:

I have 100 lights per channel for 8 channels.  

First of al is just terminology. The outputs from any pixel controller should not be referred to as a "channel".  Better to use "Output" or "Port".  Each output will have many channels.  Referring to a pixel controller out as channels will only cause confusion. 

Since you are using an odd number of rows of the matrix per output, you have no choice other than use the custom layout.

It's been years since I set up a custom prop - and I don't use any now. As I recall, each output needs to be defined in blocks of 1000, not 100.  In other words, on the custom chart, after pixel number 100, the next pixel will be 1001 (and connected to the second output port from the Pixie). After 1100, start the next string (not row of the matrix) at 2001.  After you renumber it, the channel assignments part of the prop definition will look very different,  There should be a separate row for each output of the Pixie.

• Like 1

your prop set up shows that you are using 5 ports at 170 pixels per port (Max circuit 512). You state you are only using 100 pixels per port in the Matrix.  So change the Max circuits to 300. This sets all ports for this matrix to 100 pixels per string/port. See what happens after you change that. 

4 hours ago, Sterling said:

Remotepc 2023-10-14 05.50.06 PM.jpg

In that picture - click the "Grid" icon (upper Left) > Divide Pixels into Strings (100) - then Save...

Also in Prop Definition Set "Max Circuit" 510

Problem Solved..

19x42 Matrix.lpeprop

Edited by Jimehc
add Prop File

On 10/15/2023 at 3:45 AM, k6ccc said:

First of al is just terminology. The outputs from any pixel controller should not be referred to as a "channel".  Better to use "Output" or "Port".  Each output will have many channels.  Referring to a pixel controller out as channels will only cause confusion. 

Since you are using an odd number of rows of the matrix per output, you have no choice other than use the custom layout.

It's been years since I set up a custom prop - and I don't use any now. As I recall, each output needs to be defined in blocks of 1000, not 100.  In other words, on the custom chart, after pixel number 100, the next pixel will be 1001 (and connected to the second output port from the Pixie). After 1100, start the next string (not row of the matrix) at 2001.  After you renumber it, the channel assignments part of the prop definition will look very different,  There should be a separate row for each output of the Pixie.

Thanks Jim!   I  tried Kenny's fix below first before renumbering as it is a quicker fix.  It seemed to work!  But I did find a physical set up goof that I made.  So working to fix that now before declaring it 100% good!   Thanks all!