Light-O-Rama Forums

After update, issues such as "..file was out of date by 1.0 hour", error creating file becaue LOR network changed, unable to create playback file"

klotzkm

I updated to the lastest S6 build, and now the Control Panel will not play Scheduled Playlists. The individual sequences play fine, yet when I attempt to build a show, it will not verify for multiple reasons. Issues include, but not limited to:

'Creasting new playback file becaue it was out of date by 1.0 hour (time is different for each included sequence)"
"Creating new playback file because LOR network changed"
"Unable to create playback file"

Files are on a NAS device and have worked as such for years. System running Win10, with latest updates. (rebooted and everything and still fails)?

Any help/suggestions appreciated!

Whereas the files started to verify, the next day I noticed that devices were not working, yet the sequence would play the audio/video track, nothing worked. I could test devices okay in the control panel, and the HW app, yet nothing in the sequence. I removed the latest install and installed a previous ver, yet same.  I created new simple sequence, didn't work. After another de-reinstall, things still failed, yet all of a sudden began to work? The files are all local vs NAS (experienced issues with recent install not recognizing the NAS drive, and having lots of errors saving updates, often complaining that 'in use by another .." ? 

Personally I always use the default LOR locations for the sequence files and installation. This might prevent what you are seeing. You are always having a chance that the network isn't ready somewhere therefore some files on the computer vs NAS drive, might not be available for some reason.

There is a Windows Registry entry that makes Windows Time compatible with Linux.  (A plague to folk who dual boot)

Windows normally sets the System clock to Locale time (and handles DST)

The rest use GMT and TZ 👍 offset

That might also help with file system timestamps.

<slap> I assume your NAS has both the clock and DST set properly

• 1 month later...
On 10/19/2023 at 10:27 AM, TheDucks said:

Did you ever figure out why this was happening?  I have the  "Creating new playback file because it was out of date by 1.0 hour (time is different for each included sequence"  issue on just one song at the moment. I can't figure it out. 

22 hours ago, prevue12 said:

Usually when you see that message, it means that something changed in the sequence. Now if you had changed the associated preview for all of the songs, it would be creating all of the playback files. If needed, using the sequencer, open the one song, change anything, re-save it then exit the sequencer. Re-scan the show play list and the one song should appear needing to have a new playback file. Make that happen then again, rescan the play list for the show.

• Like 1